Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

I mean....how do they buy a plane ticket, and then how do they eat once they are at their place of ministry. I've got a good reason for asking. I'm not being a nosy. I mean, a full time missionary surely has to eat three squares a day and buy clothes. How do they do it? Thanks...kevin

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Great question, Kevin! Our C&MA international workers are supported by a central fund called the Great Commission Fund (GCF). This system enables them to focus their energies on ministry without the worry of fund-raising. Click here for more details: http://www.cmallianc...commission-fund

#3 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Great question, Kevin! Our C&MA international workers are supported by a central fund called the Great Commission Fund (GCF). This system enables them to focus their energies on ministry without the worry of fund-raising. Click here for more details: http://www.cmallianc...commission-fund

Hello Julie
It encouraged me to see that someone from a non-Alliance Church was able to answer that question correctly. Did you use to attend an Alliance Church?

#4 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hi Kevin! I have not attended an Alliance church, but I work at the the Alliance National Office as one of their staff writers and am also the assistant editor of the Alliance magazine, Alliance Life (www.alliancelife.org). I am a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America, which has partnered with The Alliance at various times overseas.

#5 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hi Kevin! I have not attended an Alliance church, but I work at the the Alliance National Office as one of their staff writers and am also the assistant editor of the Alliance magazine, Alliance Life (www.alliancelife.org). I am a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America, which has partnered with The Alliance at various times overseas.

Ah, I find that extremely interesting - it's very nice to meet you Julie

Grace and peace to you

#6 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

It was nice to meet you too, Kevin! Grace and peace to you as well.

#7 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

The original poster is Kevin. The second poster is Kenny. No biggie. Just a slight 'heads up' for clarity's sake.

#8 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

Southern Baptists use a Co-operative Mission fund. They talk about that at Christmas with the Lottie Moon offering. They also have the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for the "home missions."