• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

At twelve year of age, Asetou has not known anything but hard work. Born deaf she was used in field work and household chores. Her family has never been able to communicate with her or she with them. But yesterday, Asetou was granted a place at the deaf school where she will live and attend classes over the next few years. Please pray for her adjustment. She is coming from a small village and suddenly is in a school and dorm with lots of children. Asetou has never smiled or laughed. Pray that the love of Christ will shine into her heart and that she will quickly be able to sign and express what is in her heart.
  • chipped china likes this

#2 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

Lord Jesus,

I lift up Asetou to You. Lord, she is entering an environment that will be very frightening to her. Please be her very best friend and help her make friends with others. Please communicate to her heart and mind what is happening. Thank You Jesus that You love Asetou and will there with her to help her. I pray this in Your Name Lord Jesus, amen.
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#3 Joan Phillips

Joan Phillips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Harvest Downtown

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

Esther, I echo Lori's prayer! May the light of Jesus put a smile on her face!
  • Lori Smith likes this

#4 Andrew/Esther Schaeffer

Andrew/Esther Schaeffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Thank you for these prayers. I visited Asetou yesterday and she gave me a big smile as I came into the courtyard. She has friends for the first time in her life and instead of picking cotton all day, she has been in school!
  • Lori Smith and chipped china like this

#5 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Praise God! Thank you for the update.
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#6 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Jesus, thank you for your mercy in Asetou's life. Bring her close to yourself and give her the skills to be able to communicate very quickly. Let her see you in the dorm and with those ministering to her in your name.

#7 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

And God, we also know that it's not out of the realm of possibilty of Your healing her fully, according to Your will. I pray that You lay Your merciful hand upon her and give her what she needs to communicate so that she can be even more blessed by interaction with other believers!!! We love you. And we know that You love us......and her. Please manifest Yourself to this little girl. Be moved in your Enormous Heart to consider her plight. And we ask this in Christ's name, in keeping with Jesus' promise, that anything we ask in His name, will be granted. We consider it done and believe that we will hear soon of a move of God in her life. Oh God, even if it IS 2000 years since your Son walked the earth, she....and we......need you to move mightliy upon her as you did in days of old. Jesus, the same yesterday, today, and forever.
  • Lori Smith and chipped china like this

#8 Douglas Hautz

Douglas Hautz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Radio DJ PureFire WKTO 88.9FM
  • I am a Pastor

• Ormond Beach Alliance

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

LORD, Touch this child ...bring the fullness of your Divine Life to her face. Lift up Your countenance on her
Doug Hautz

When you and I stand together in the presence of God- knowing and seeing who He is and all that He has done in His sovereign power to move us from birth to "that Day"- we will pour out our thanks and praise to Him, joyfully doing our best to shake the rafters of heaven.