Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Dennis, my prayer and my sympathy go out to you at this time. And I don't say that as a well -used line for these situations. I mean: I will be in prayer for yours and other family members comfort during this horrific loss. I am reminded of Jesus losing his friend Lazarus. Even though He knew that Lazarus was coming back, His pain was such that he wept. Perhaps Jesus was feeling empathetic towards Lazarus' sisters. Either way....Jesus wept. I wonder if Jesus is moved today when one of his followers is dealing with the awful pain of losing someone close. I tend to think that He does....since he is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I don't think that Jesus lost any of His manhood after His glorification. It's is my prayer that He will comfort you today in some way that only He can come up with. I pray that God blesses you during this grief with whatever is necessary to keep you strong. With love.....Kevin
  • David DeCoste, Patricia Whalen, Lori Smith and 3 others like this

#22 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

"We weep with those who weep" literally.
  • elizabethcog and commoveo like this

#23 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

How could you is a true question for me right now... can you lift this little girl up in prayer? This is from my church prayer chain and I was compelled by the LORD to pass it along...
We have prayed before for a little gal from my school and I would like us to lift her up again...her name is Josie Lennon. She had terrible headaches and was diagnosed last year with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. She just found out that because of the degenerative nature of this disease she has almost nothing left in her jaw joints which is causing her severe pain. She also has 4 permanent teeth that need to be surgically removed. All of this is being done tomorrow in Rapid City. They told her mom to expect a 5-7 hour surgery. Please pray for her body to be strengthened thru the surgery, for her pain to be well controlled, for the surgery to be successful, and for them to feel God's peaceful and strong presence!
  • commoveo likes this

#24 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

Today, I am placing special emphasis on praying for Chipped China's Brother in Law. The family of Kirra Ann, Dennis Whalen and family, and whomever else have suffered tremendous loss over the past few weeks, even months. Oh, the pain of being human. Christ learned it firsthand. And He wept. With love to all of you. Kevin
  • elizabethcog, chipped china and commoveo like this

#25 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

That sounds like a good idea to me too.
  • commoveo likes this

#26 Dennis Whalen

Dennis Whalen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Blessings on all of you. My family and I really appreciate it.
  • Charles Miles and commoveo like this

#27 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

Today, I am placing special emphasis on praying for Chipped China's Brother in Law. The family of Kirra Ann, Dennis Whalen and family, and whomever else have suffered tremendous loss over the past few weeks, even months. Oh, the pain of being human. Christ learned it firsthand. And He wept. With love to all of you. Kevin

Oh, the mystery of God's plan for all he has created. Sometimes it just hurts. Thank you for the reminder of Jesus' deep, deep understanding, Kevin. I'm reminded of a hymn:

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of Thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward to Thy glorious rest above!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore!
How He watches o’er His loved ones, died to call them all His own;
How for them He intercedeth, watcheth o’er them from the throne!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, love of every love the best!
’Tis an ocean full of blessing, ’tis a haven giving rest!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, ’tis a heaven of heavens to me;
And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee!

Samuel Trevor Francis

#28 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

What an awesome hymn by Samuel Trevor Francis. Thank you so much for sharing.
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#29 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

I love the old hymns. Thank you Jesus for your deep deep love.

#30 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for that hymn Marvin!!!!! What a wonderful 'tool' to use during devotions tonight!!! I almost hate to use the word "tool" as I feel that it desecrates those beautiful words in that hymn. I wish I knew how the tune went. I'll research that a little.
The modern church DID ITSELF NO FAVORS when it removed the hymnbooks and started singing nothing but modern choruses projected onto an automatic roll-up screen. Yes, and I use to be one of the one who was all for hiding the songbooks and learning the newer choruses coming from Christ for the Nations. But there was no need for me to be so one sided!!!! I was not wise.
Brother Aiden Wilson Tozer is the VERY man who ignited my passion for the old old hymns. Because of him, I now have an OLD Methodist hymnal, an old Mennonite hymnal, and a couple more. Tozer always contended that they should be a daily part of a believer's readings and studyings. (I don't know what I'd do without y'all to keep my brain and heart on the right track)

#31 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

As I was sitting in the dentist office today I started thinking about God's deep deep love for us. It's greater than His judgement of us and greater than His wrath of our disobedience. Although He has absolute standards He always forgives us and carries us back home. Hallelujah!

A while ago I bought 100 Old Hymns put out by regular church choir for about $10.00. It has all the old hymns I use to sing as a child. It was the only thing about church I really enjoyed. I also found a web site that has all the words written out of the old songs.
  • Lori Smith likes this

#32 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Chipped,
How is your family doing with the loss now? It will be a long time! Praying. Candice
  • chipped china likes this

#33 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

This reminds me of Lazarus and his sisters Mary and Martha. John 11 is the passage and note that Jesus did briefly mourn along the sisters. But He also mourned for those who were in the crowd. Then He raised Lazarus.

Let's think about that, Amen
  • chipped china likes this