• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

As we yield to His discipline, as we see the outworking of that discipline in our lives, we become more and more fascinated with Him. Our obedience, our applying of His principles inspires a growing love for Jesus and an increasing appreciation of Him. Perhaps the number one characteristic of a disciple is an intense desire to know Him more deeply and to comprehend, more and more, the wonder of His Person and His love. Study those who walked with Him and how they related to Him; study the books and poems and hymns that holy men and women have given us that reveal their pre-occupation with the wonder of His glorious Person. In two portions of Scripture, John refers to seeing Him. In I John1:2, we read, "....the life was manifested and we have seen it...." In John 1:14, John exclaims, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." Stephen, in his fleeting moments of life, breaks out in praise. We read about this experience in Acts 7:55: "But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God." A careful study will reveal others who were taken with His Person. Many books have been written describing his life and Person. Hymns like "It will be worth it all when we see Christ" and "Face to Face" show hearts longing to be in His Presence, forever. Selah! Are we longing to know Him better and better? He awaits to reveal much about Himself in the pages of our Bibles. Let's go and gaze! Thinker (Ron)

"'Mid toil and tribulation and tumult of her war, she waits the consummation of peace forevermore; 'till with the vision glorious her longing eyes are blest and the great church victorious shall be the church at rest." (From: "The Church's 0ne Foundation" By Samuel J. Stone)
  • elizabethcog and Charles Miles like this

#2 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Amen, and amen, Ron. So many of us have believed that we are to wait for the Kigdom to come after death or the return of Christ, when we have access to it now, right here, today, in our own very lives. So many blessings the Lord has promised are available now for us to use and live with....and we don`t know it. Christ said that the Kingdom would arrive before some of those He was speaking to died. Well, they are dead. Unless He wasn`t telling us the truth, the Kigdom is here! We need to grasp it, lean about it, live in it, and discuss it with others who don`t know about it. Sometimes when I am praying and asking the Lord for something I think I need, I am stopped in mid sentence with the realization.....I already HAVE that. "My people perish due to lack of knowledge...". Faith simply stated is belief that God will do what He said He would do. If He said He would do it, it is already done for us and we need to give thanks for it, praise Him for it, accept the blessing, and move foreward with it. We have a God that is so AWSOME that He actually knows what we need before we ask and He is willing and able to do what He said He would do.....no matter how difficult it might seem to us. Praise God for His Awsomeness, Faithfulness, Grace, Mercy, and most of all, His never ending love for His children. What an honor it is to be able to have a personal relationship with and learn about the God of the universe.... daily.

Charlie
  • elizabethcog and Thinker like this