Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

The last few days has found her very unresponsive, moreso than ususal. She is in end-stage Alzheimer's and she constantly runs a low grade fever. Sometimes it spikes to 102 F. I then start pouring in the tylenol and other meds through her stomach tube.
She sleeps all day now. That is not normal. I am very concerned. As her full time caregiver I can tell a change has come in her well being. I took a drive in my car while ago to do some thinking and try to come to grips with the inevitable. But I just cannot picture life without my mother. But I could not picture life without my daddy, but he passed in Dec of 1999. He was a fine man and a General Practioner in our small town.
But when I think of losing momma, I well up with tears. She has ALWAYS been here for me. I cannot even write these words without getting emotional.
But on the other hand, I do not want to be selfish in my praying. If momma knew that someone (me) was having to tend to her incontinence, she would be horrified. She was VERY VERY independent and private. If she has any lapses where she has moments of clarity and cognizance, I know that it TORTURES her to have someone else having to wipe her and so on. Please pray that God's Perfect Will will be done in momma's life. As far as I know, she recieved Christ as her Lord and Savior. I never fail to bring it up to her: "Momma....think about Jesus. Think about His Love for you." She would say: "That;s right!" She attended a Cumberland Presbyterian church. In the last two years of her chronic condition, the LADY who PASTORS that chruch as been down ONCE and that was at the request of one of my sisters. The sister that is an admitted lesbian. She makes no secret of it. She's got a lover and the whole nine yards. She is a indentical twin. Her sister struggles with prescriptyion nerve pills. They both could use much prayer as well. They have both been very little help with momma. I also have a brother that lives 8 miles away. Never comes accept at Christmas when Christmas money is awaiting him. And another sister who is a Doctor of Dentistry, but sells insurance because she is mortified of germs. Neither of them darken the door.
I feel so gut wrenching sorry for momma that I just get sick thinking about it. I will stay with her to the very end. I love her so. Please pray that God's Will be done. I appreciate it SO much....Kevin Blankenship
  • Lori Smith and commoveo like this

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

I praying, Kevin! I am also praying for you, that God will give you His comfort and peace during this very difficult time. I have been so blessed and encouraged to read about your devoted love for your mom. She is so blessed to have you to care for her!

#3 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Kevin,
Being led to pray for your mother. Hope you are blessed in knowing that what you do to her you're doing to JESUS HIMSELF.
Candice

#4 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Thank you SISTERS in CHRIST!!!!!!!! So much!!
  • commoveo likes this

#5 commoveo

commoveo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

Your love for your Mother reminds me so much of myself! You will be in my prayers also! My Mother taught me the love of Jesus in so many ways, as I'm sure your Mother has also, well it's obvious she has. Just your whole story reminds me that we are not alone, and I swear by Heaven above I will pray for you, and your beautiful Mother! Oh what a reunion awaits us all one day when I'll not only get to see my lovely Mother again, but you, your Mother! It's that Great Love that you share for your Mother that reminds me of the Love God also has for each and everything God created! I don't know what brought me here to this page etc., but after reading what you have written its just more proof that God lives, and how do I know because of You Kevin! God bless you, and God has blessed your Mother with a most beautiful Son! We are all so blessed with Gods Son who lives among us and you truly have blessed my day by sharing your request! Again I will be praying for your Mother as well as you! Sincerely, Howard Jackson

#6 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Kevin,

I'm so sorry. Praying for your mom and you. Praying for God's peace and comfort to be there for you both.

Lori
  • commoveo likes this
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#7 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Kevin, I will be praying for God's mercy and wisdom during this difficult time. Our Father is in control so trust He will guide you through this.

When my mom was dying in 2004 I wrote her a poem telling her I didn't know if I could make it without her but I was letting her go because she knew it was her time. I thanked her for being the one person who was always for me and of course I asked her for forgiveness for all the sleepless nights she had because of me. And of course I said I'd see her heaven.

I don't know what you've said to your momma but I found this helped me. Love sister bets
  • commoveo likes this