• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:31 AM

They were waiting for me when I got home from Bible study. A mother and her beautiful seven year old daughter. But as I watched the daughter, I could hardly keep back the tears. The mother really didn't need to tell me anything. It was all there. This little girl was not normal. She made sounds but they weren't clear. Her arms were folded back in a strange way. She wouldn't sit still in spite of her mother's firm grasp. Her eyes were wild, not focusing on anything or anyone. Her mother had stopped going to church several years ago because her daughter would scream so violently during the services that she was forced to sit outside and even there people gave her an annoyed look. She couldn't leave her daughter for a moment. If she did, the child would run toward the burning fire or roll in the mud or run into the street. If the mother wasn't careful, this beautiful little girl would eat her own feces. But the child wasn't my biggest concern. It was the faith of the mother. She cannot give up. She needs to be with God's people. She needs to bring this child to us for prayer and be strengthened in her trust in Christ who will make a way. She needs to keep crying out to Jesus no matter what others may say. Jesus cares about people in difficult situations and He cares about this mother and her daughter. Will you pray with me for this mother and her daughter Cecile? Pray for complete deliverance. Pray that Christians will not shy away from the tough battles that will need to be fought. Pray that Jesus who cares about this mother and her child will supply the faith that is needed to continue on and believe.
  • Susan W likes this

#2 Janet Root

Janet Root

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

Thank you for asking your extended Alliance family to pray for this very difficult situation, Andrew. I/we will be praying for this woman, her child, and all who interact with them. May God continue to overshadow this mother with strength, perseverance, wisdom, and compassion. May God give her faith to believe in His strength and believers to come alongside to support her with practical assistance as they're called.
  • Andrew/Esther Schaeffer likes this

#3 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Andrew, I am agreeing with you in prayer for Cecile's complete deliverance! May she find freedom through the power of the cross! By His stripes she is healed.
  • Andrew/Esther Schaeffer likes this

#4 Elizabeth May

Elizabeth May

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Ormond Beach Alliance

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

Praying
Elizabeth May

#5 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Praying.
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#6 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

Praying......God's ways are so hard to even try andunderstand but we are to trust in his promise and his word and He will hear his people pray.........
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#7 Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

I pray for the powerful love of Jesus to flood the mother and her daughter and that Jesus Christ Himself will free the daughter from the destroyer. Jesus bring your gift of eternal life to this girl.

#8 Dick Lawson

Dick Lawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Expansion of the Kingdom, reading, photograpy, world events and the Detroit Redwings.
  • I am a Retired Alliance Worker

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'm praying that the presence of Jesus will so fill that little girl that the evil being done to her by the enemy will exude from her body, soul, and mind. That the Christian community will be loving and supportive of the mom whose desperation I can't begin to imagine. And for you and Esther as you live as Christ's ambassadors in the reality of this situation.

#9 JoniDonaldWalker

JoniDonaldWalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Of course Jesus cares. I Peter 5:7 Casting all your care to HIM, for HE care for you.
We have an assurance beyond what we know or what we see. In Our Fathers eyes, this child is perfect.
Be Encouraged. TRUST in GOD.

#10 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

Praying for them.