• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

I suggest that God knows all who would, given the opportunity, receive His gift of salvation. One by one, He goes after them. He does this in many ways. When we are the objects of His seeking, there is a strange urge within to open ourselves to Him. His love and concern for us moves us to give ourselves delightedly to Him. However, it is one of the mysteries of the new life, when we are born again, that we still wander from Him as the center and pre-occupation of our hearts and minds. It is an easy and spiritually costly trap into which to fall. Nevertheless, He is waiting for us to reach out to Him as He reaches out to us. "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:23-24). He seeks our intimacy with Himself. Consider this from James 4:8: "Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you...." He promises that, "And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13). Selah! Let Him restore our focus to seek Him with all of our heart each new day. Thinker (Ron)