• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

God's Word informs us that we were born Spiritually lost. The amazing thing is that it takes a lot to make us realize that we are lost. We don't change direction without outside influences moving us to do so. However, there is Someone Who knows that we are lost and is looking to rescue us. "But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). What about those who have been found and saved? Having been saved and made a child of God, we still often wander from home and become unable to get back there by ourselves. We resist admitting to ourselves that we have gone astray and wandered into places and things that have blocked our vision of the "narrow road." If that is your situation, Someone is looking for you. "How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray" (Matthew 18:12-13). The point I'm trying to make is that He loves us so much that He is always seeking us and is concerned about our welfare. Are you or someone else in God's family out in the wilderness, away from the Tender Shepherd's loving guidance? If so, look around, look up. He is at hand to lead you safely home. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (I John 1:9). Selah! If you have wandered out into the paths of darkness, He is looking for you and He left the light on at home. Turn to the Light! You'll see Him. Thinker (Ron Pinkham)
  • Julie Daube, Lori Smith and Charles Miles like this

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Beautifully said, Ron! I may post this on my Facebook page. :)
  • Charles Miles likes this

#3 Thinker

Thinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • I am a Pastor

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

Julie, Thanks! By all means, feel free to post. Blessings! Thinker (Ron).

#4 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

Wonderful post, Ron. Thank you so much for the reminder that we are always being sought by the lover of our souls. And should we not also seek those that are yet to come to him? Thanks again!

#5 Thinker

Thinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • I am a Pastor

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

Marvin, Absolutely! We should seek those out there. Thanks for that timely input! (Ron) Thinker

#6 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

A good word to read regularly; it's like a spiritual GPS warning. We constantly need to repent and realign ourselves with God's direction in our lives. Thanks Thinker (Ron)!

Blessings,
Lori
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."