• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

(Note: it is very important to scroll down to yesterday's article for background to today's piece). We will all come before God someday. How we will come is our choice to make. If a person is truly saved, how horrible to have to admit to being wrapped up in a lifetime of wasted time and behavior, missing opportunities to cultivate a deep and meaningful involvement with our loving Savior. Has Satan played us? Have we listened to his enticing voice, urging us to engage in anything and everything but what really counts? One of the enemy's strategies that has proven most effective is to keep us busy. He designs to center our minds and hearts both on pleasures and assumed responsibilities. Some are bad, some are good, but all can keep our hearts and minds from God and the things of God. Certainly, we must deal with legitimate responsibilities and enjoy wholesome pleasures. Nevertheless, we must always seek to keep God above all of them and truly give Him first place in our lives. This will require wresting our minds from Satan's distractions and centering them on God and His Word. It takes discipline to conquer a wandering mind. We have to keep recapturing mis-directed thoughts and priortizing time with and for learning about God. Remember, "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good......for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh." (From Luke 6:45). What fills our minds and hearts will come out in our daily lives. Is it Him? Are we full of Him? Are our interests, His interests? Do we really love Him above all else? Selah! "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13). Will we make the effort? Eternity will verify that the effort will pay off handsomely! Thinker (Ron Pinkham)
  • Lori Smith, StevePage and Charles Miles like this