• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

In our day, there are so many distractions, some are worthwhile and some are subtle mis-directions, keeping us from our most important focus of all. It takes time, effort and discipline to be holy in practie and to keep the Magnificent Vision from becoming blurred. The sad truth, I suspect, is that far too often we are victims rather than victors. Only as we are on guard and love Him enough to make the effort can we expect to enjoy anything that resembles what has been called "the deeper life." Drawing on His strength, listening to Him in His Word, conversing with Him in prayer, worshiping, adoring, praising, thanking, serving and honoring Him are all components in the cultivation of a vital blessed intimacy and relationship. Paul summed it up in beautiful simplicity in Philippians 1:21 where he wrote, "For to me to live is Christ...." In II Corinthians 10:5, Paul describes the effort that must be put forth to sharpen our focus and ignite our spiritual intensity. We are to be daily, "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." Selah! Are there those of us who will not settle for the average casual experience of today's often anemic dabbling in the sacred things of God? Are there some who are willing, in the words of Helen H. Lemmel's wonderful hymn, to "Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face" and find that, "....the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace?" Ron Pinkham
  • Lori Smith, Sarah Baker, elizabethcog and 1 other like this