• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Speilb

Speilb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:One of my great driving passions is that I might know Christ! I love His Holiness and desire to try it on in my life. I love His Greatness and Power and therefore I also am learning to love my weakness, smallness, and need. I love His Glory and desire that he should gift me with the experience he gave to Isaiah in the 6th chapter. I believe that God Himself is the centerpiece of a True Biblical Faith and not man. I despise the things of man and I despise my own flesh. I see that Jesus made no attempt to save the sinner's flesh, but instead gave us the opportunity to crucify it. I see worldly people as Nehemiah saw Jerusalem with its walls (created for the Honor and Glory of God but in desperate need of being re-made) and so I love God's work of restoring. I am broken over the condition of the world and desire that God uses me as Nehemiah (whose name means "The Lord Comforts") to comfort me by using me to rebuild and reestablish those in ruins.
    I love seeing God in things like genetics, nature, and in the created order of things. I love my family and have a wonderful wife and two kids.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Burning Heart Christian Fellowship

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

2 Thessalonians 2:7 "For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way."

A fairly simple event happened a year or so ago and I doubt I will ever forget it. My daughter, less then two at the time, and I were shopping at a local grocery store (just down the street from my home). My daughter was "helping" me. I noticed another little girl who was just a little older then my daughter walking with a large cereal box. I smiled as I observed her "helping" as well. As she walked the box slipped out of her hands and fell to the ground. At this, the beautiful little girl started on a tirade of curse words directed at the box. My heart broke for the little girl who had been so exposed to such ugliness that it would also come out of her. My heart also broke as I realized the society I was attempting to raise my child in. My daily work doesn't help either; I work as a counselor and every week I witness the effects of divorce, selfishness, abuse, and drugs.
This all has weighed on my heart rather heavy. I started to develop an alienation from the world but a great joy and sense of refuge in my Bible study and my time with family . I also started to fear evil, especially for my kids whom I am very protective of.

Let me share with you my comfort. I was reading in 2 Thessalonians 2 and was struck my the realization that nothing happens on evil's time-frame (knew this before but it really became real to me just the other day). Evil is only allowed to operate within the limits of my Heavenly Father's choosing. While part of me mourns that what was considered evil in the 1950s is the pinnacle of wholesomeness today, when I look deeper into history I see that evil has always been present. The Nazi movement came close to covering the world in the most repressive darkness but God has put in place a limit that did not allow evil to win such a victory.

This same limit holds evil back today. Even while today's kids observe murders on television and commit them on video games, societal evil is held back (for the moment) by my Loving Father. To me this is an escape for the thought that I am at the mercy of the world's evil. Instead my Father is holding it back until the day he releases it. I think of David in this who was comforted in a terrible situation that at least he didn't have to fall into the hands of men (2 Sam 24:13-14).
  • StevePage likes this

#2 Debbi Meyer

Debbi Meyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Rocky Mountain Calvary

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for sharing. That is a comforting thought.
  • Speilb likes this

#3 Elizabeth May

Elizabeth May

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ormond Beach Alliance

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Do not fear. It's been commanded to us. Jesus said it so I must obey. Blessing comes from obedience. Whatever the area in our lives where we are most vulnerable to the devil's schemes, we must boast in our weakness, call upon Jesus and the power of his blood. For He has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a strong mind. The magnitude of power in simply speaking this biblical truth is the first step in overcoming darkness in every area we move in our lives. The enemy would love for us to believe that our territory has shrunk to the confines of our homes.

Romans 8:18-19 18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
The truth is that we are children of God with the authority He has given us over darkness, the power to bind and loose on earth as it is in heaven.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

He inhabits the praises of his people so breathing a simple Alleluia in faith brings heaven on earth, just like we pray daily.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Here's a declaration that Pastor Doug Hautz of Ormond Beach Alliance gave us to take spiritual authority over the places we occupy. (I believe it's adapted from Neil Anderson.)
I say this standing with eyes wide open, keeping my eyes on Jesus the whole time.
"By the power and the blood of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
I command, I don't suggest, I command any and all evil to get out.
I am a child of God. My mind is a quiet place for me and my God."

We are the ones who bring the light and love of Jesus Christ into the places of darkness, watching and praying in all things.

Even now, I can and do pray:
Lord, we praise and thank You. Come, Holy Spirit.

Give "speilb" your peace that passes understanding. Reveal to your child the authentic identity she has in Jesus Christ and the authority You have given her by your Spirit and your Word. Bind all evil, unclean and tormenting spirits. Fear must go, in Jesus' name. By the stripes of Jesus she is healed; body, mind and spirit. Let Jesus be the one and only on the throne of her heart. Restore to her all that the locust has eaten, in Jesus' name. Fill her with your Holy Spirit and fire. Keep her eyes fixed on you, Lord. The more she seeks you, reveal your manifold glory to her.

I ask for that child in the grocery store and her whole household to be covered by the blood of the Lamb, for the Lord to consecrate her, setting her apart for his service, all to God's glory. In Jesus' name I ask for her heart to be softened, her mind, eyes and ears to be opened, and for open doors and open heavens for her salvation. I declare a hedge of protection to surround her and a ministering angel to be upon her. I cancel all assignments of the enemy against her and her family, in Jesus' name. Amen and amen.

With God everything is possible!

Peace be with you,
Elizabeth May of New Smyrna Beach, FL
Elizabeth May