• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

One of our Bible School women is suddenly facing an impossible situation. Her husband, just in his late twenties, came down with malaria and after almost a week of treatment, died. But, we learned that this is the woman's second husband. Her first husband and young child also died. She has already begun to suffer. She was not allowed to accompany her husband when he was brought to our city for further medical care. When he died while being taken to his village, they did not wait for her before they buried him. We have heard that the husband's family is totally ignoring her. But, our God is the God of the widow and He cares for those who are broken hearted. Pray with us that He will provide for this woman. Pray that we can get out to visit her and that our widows group can be an encouragement to her. No one cries without His hearing them.

Attached Files

• chipped china likes this

#2 Joan Phillips

Joan Phillips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Harvest Downtown

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

Andrew,
I am praying now. My heart breaks for this woman. May God reveal His great love for her and hold her close, setting her free from the earthly chains that bind her heart. All glory to Jesus!

You and Esther also are in my regular prayers. May He strengthen the two of you with HIs grace.
Please check back here some time and let us know if you hear more about this woman.

Blessings,
Joan
  • Elizabeth May likes this

#3 Douglas Hautz

Douglas Hautz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Radio DJ PureFire WKTO 88.9FM
  • I am a Pastor

• Ormond Beach Alliance

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

One of our Bible School women is suddenly facing an impossible situation. Her husband, just in his late twenties, came down with malaria and after almost a week of treatment, died. But, we learned that this is the woman's second husband. Her first husband and young child also died. She has already begun to suffer. She was not allowed to accompany her husband when he was brought to our city for further medical care. When he died while being taken to his village, they did not wait for her before they buried him. We have heard that the husband's family is totally ignoring her. But, our God is the God of the widow and He cares for those who are broken hearted. Pray with us that He will provide for this woman. Pray that we can get out to visit her and that our widows group can be an encouragement to her. No one cries without His hearing them.

My intercessors have been deployed. The soaking team is praying and she will be lifted up to the throne in our assembly TODAY. God bless you brother for allowing the body of Christ to function.
  • Elizabeth May likes this
Doug Hautz

When you and I stand together in the presence of God- knowing and seeing who He is and all that He has done in His sovereign power to move us from birth to "that Day"- we will pour out our thanks and praise to Him, joyfully doing our best to shake the rafters of heaven.

#4 Andrew/Esther Schaeffer

Andrew/Esther Schaeffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • I am a Missionary

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

Thanks so much for your encouraging note and prayers, Joan! Esther hopes to visit this widow and her family soon.

grateful for your partnership in prayer,

Andrew

Andrew,
I am praying now. My heart breaks for this woman. May God reveal His great love for her and hold her close, setting her free from the earthly chains that bind her heart. All glory to Jesus!

You and Esther also are in my regular prayers. May He strengthen the two of you with HIs grace.
Please check back here some time and let us know if you hear more about this woman.

Blessings,
Joan

#5 Joan Phillips

Joan Phillips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Harvest Downtown

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

Please keep me posted, Andrew. I will pray for open doors for Esther's visit.
blessings!
Joan

#6 Elizabeth May

Elizabeth May

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Ormond Beach Alliance

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Prayers are going up for God's daughter and her in-laws...garments of praise for the spirit of heaviness, unspeakable joy in salvation, forgiveness, freedom in the name of Jesus.
Elizabeth May

#7 Andrew/Esther Schaeffer

Andrew/Esther Schaeffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • I am a Missionary

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

The road was horrible. The rain didn't help. But the purpose of our trip made it all worth it. We were greeted at different
churches along the way. We had our Bible School director and his wife, two women from our widows group, and our local Alliance
Women's President. We were not very certain what we would find. When we arrived at the outlying compound, we were impressed by
the warm welcome. And then came our widow, Madame Ouedrago. The last time I had seen her she had not been well. But there was
little evidence of the sickness she had been battling. Next to her was a young woman who is a Christian and lives in a
neighboring yard. They are always together and walk the six kilometers to church each Sunday. We asked permission to speak alonewith Madame Ouedrago and so pulled chairs out into the corn field. Each one took turns sharing words of encouragement. I shared from Psalm 71. Then it was Madame Ouedrago's turn to share. We began to hear all the different answers to prayer. After being rejected by her family and most of her husband's relatives, an older brother has taken her in and she seems well cared for and wellloved by the brother's wife. She is able to continue in her faith, having the Christian neighbor that goes with her to church.
She will be able to help with the farming and thus be a blessing to her family. There were tears but also such a sense of
answered prayer. Thank you for standing in the gap for this woman and for making a difference in her life by your prayers.
  • chipped china likes this