Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

I went to the funeral home of a co=worker that very unexpectadly passed away.I went with several others from work to pay respects to the family and share a few stories of how blessed we were to call their loved one friend.I didn't know anyone else there but met her sisters and daughter and 2 small grandchildren.We all left to return to work.Several hours later I was on my way home,which is near the funeral home,when I really heard God leading me,go the bank and give one hundred dollars to her daughter.I tried to tell myself this was just an idea that came to me but I didn't really think it was me because I didn't really want to go back there and try to find her as she may have left or something and then I thought well I don't have that much to spare i'll just get 20$but God had a different plan so I prayed Ok Lord here I go i am getting the money and asking Him to show me the way if this is from you Lord then make it clear and easy for me to find her daughter.Still ending this prayer as i am driving and pulling into the lot out walks her daughter right at the second I pull in,I practically ran to her and told her that God had sent me here to make sure you know he is with you and loves you and here is a little something to take those babies out to get a toy.We hugged and cried and God was right there like always=)
  • Sentinel1 likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 Travis Richey

Travis Richey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Granbury Church of the Nazarene

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

Amen!!! A favorite verse of mine is Luke 8:18 which begins, "Therefore consider carefully how you listen." You have brought that verse into more clarity, for you listened with obedience. And as Luke 6:47-48 states, "I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock." You have dug deeper now, and your foundation is even more secure to the Rock. Thank you for sharing this wonderful example of listening.
  • Sentinel1 likes this

#3 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Fantastic story! God does amazing things when we actually listen to him! Praise God for his grace when he speaks to us, gives us His plan, and then carries and guides us to do what he wanted.

I think of it like a parent teaching their child how to ride a bike. They hold on, speaking in their ear, running behind, and then eventually lets go. The child is riding and laughing in the sheer joy of knowing the parent! So ourFather delights in teaching us to trust Him.

#4 Guest_Abi's Son_*

Guest_Abi's Son_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

That was absolutely cool!! I love it when God moves, an we listen and do what he says..The love of God in action!