• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BarElohim

BarElohim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

Do the children of the parents, serve the parents? Or is the other way around? Doesn't the scripture and nature of the Lord say that He came to serve His children?

Acts 17:24 The God that made the world and all things therein, he, being Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 neither is he served by men’s hands, as though he needed anything, seeing he himself giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

We are called to serve one another, to serve those that are of the body of Christ. By serving one another, this is the precept referred in scripture of serving Christ.

Matt 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in;
36 naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or athirst, and gave thee drink?
38 And when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 And when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 for I was hungry, and ye did not give me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink;
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked, and ye clothed me not; sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not unto one of these least (of brethren), ye did it not unto me.
Gal.5:13...1 Thess 4:9...2 thess 1:3...John 13:34J

The world shall know that you are Mine, because they see your love for one another.....John 13:35

Christians want to save the world, and yet their own brothers and sisters are weak,sick,and some have fallen asleep!

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat the bread or drink the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner, shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man prove himself, and so let him eat of the bread, and drink of the cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh, eateth and drinketh judgment unto himself, if he discern not the body.
30 For this cause many among you are weak and sickly, and not a few sleep.
31 But if we discerned ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

Are there not some at our own communion tables, that are in need, yet overlooked. Shame! There is a mission field in our own congregations. As we serve one another, we serve the body of Christ. With this is our Lord more pleased....!

Sincerely In Christ/.

BarElohim

#2 Laurie Collett

Laurie Collett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Born-again Christian since 4/17/2000. Retired MD neurologist (Laurie Barclay), medical writer. Theatrical ballroom dancer, performer & owner of Rhapsody Ballroom, Tampa, with husband Richard. Adult Bible study teacher. Singer/Christian songwriter.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Fellowship Baptist Church

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

Do the children of the parents, serve the parents? Or is the other way around? Doesn't the scripture and nature of the Lord say that He came to serve His children?

Acts 17:24 The God that made the world and all things therein, he, being Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 neither is he served by men’s hands, as though he needed anything, seeing he himself giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

We are called to serve one another, to serve those that are of the body of Christ. By serving one another, this is the precept referred in scripture of serving Christ.

Matt 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in;
36 naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or athirst, and gave thee drink?
38 And when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 And when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 for I was hungry, and ye did not give me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink;
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked, and ye clothed me not; sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not unto one of these least (of brethren), ye did it not unto me.
Gal.5:13...1 Thess 4:9...2 thess 1:3...John 13:34J

The world shall know that you are Mine, because they see your love for one another.....John 13:35

Christians want to save the world, and yet their own brothers and sisters are weak,sick,and some have fallen asleep!

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat the bread or drink the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner, shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man prove himself, and so let him eat of the bread, and drink of the cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh, eateth and drinketh judgment unto himself, if he discern not the body.
30 For this cause many among you are weak and sickly, and not a few sleep.
31 But if we discerned ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

Are there not some at our own communion tables, that are in need, yet overlooked. Shame! There is a mission field in our own congregations. As we serve one another, we serve the body of Christ. With this is our Lord more pleased....!

Sincerely In Christ/.

BarElohim

Thank you for the interesting post. Paul urged children to honor their parents, and fathers not to provoke them to anger, but to bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Jesus taught us the example of serving one another and having a servant's heart of self-sacrificing love, always putting the needs of others ahead of our own. In explaining the sacrament of communion, Paul warned the church at Corinth not to treat it as a party or feast in which some believers would overeat or even drink while others went hungry, but to approach the sacrament in the spirit of reverence intended by Christ. We should not take communion without first examining our own hearts and conscience and asking God for forgiveness for anything in which we have not honored Him.
Laurie Collett, Saved by Grace
http://savedbygraceb...y.blogspot.com/

#3 BarElohim

BarElohim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Thank you for the interesting post. Paul urged children to honor their parents, and fathers not to provoke them to anger, but to bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Jesus taught us the example of serving one another and having a servant's heart of self-sacrificing love, always putting the needs of others ahead of our own. In explaining the sacrament of communion, Paul warned the church at Corinth not to treat it as a party or feast in which some believers would overeat or even drink while others went hungry, but to approach the sacrament in the spirit of reverence intended by Christ. We should not take communion without first examining our own hearts and conscience and asking God for forgiveness for anything in which we have not honored Him.
Laurie Collett, Saved by Grace

Right, these were only serving themselves and their brothers and sisters were going without. The partaking of the elements of bread and wine were elements of a covenant. All those that partook were covenant partners. Members of the Body of Christ.
Brothers and sisters are to be looking out for one another. Have we really judged our conscience in this regard? Or are some of our brothers and sisters hurting financially, or otherwise? Do we invite over for supper, those brothers and sisters that aren't able to return the favour. Or do we love only those who love us back?

Does anyone realize that when they are invited to a wedding, and at the wedding feast when they receive a piece of the wedding cake, and a glass of wine or such as a toasting drink, that they are entering a covenant of not just a witness to the vows taken, but of the couples needs? If that couple need financila help, all those that entered into covenant with them are responsible to help them. Instead we bring a gift, and their on their own devices... That is not the way covenants work.

The same as the vows that have been so changed to negate the meaning of " till death to you part!" It is to death to you inmpart! Meaning as each partner dies to the desires of self, in regards their partner. Dieing to self! Have we never heard that precept? What a marriage that would be, if each puts the other before themselves.... How things have changed, or been allowed to change, and not for the better, but for the worse.

Sincerely In HIm
BarElohim.