• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Reed

Rick Reed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:13 AM

Don't worry about Xmas. It's more important to keep Christ in Christian than Christmas. Xtians is much worse than Xmas.
If we're truly keeping a relationship with Christ Everything else is secondary. else will take care of itself.
Rather than be offended by Xmas be upset if people can't tell we've be with Christ today.
If we have truly been with and truly abide with Christ people will most certainly know it.
Consider John and Peter.
They didn't just talk. They walked the walk.
Peter and John were arrested for talking about Jesus. But it was their behavior that stood out.
Luke wrote about the arrest in Acts 4, "Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus."
Can enough evidence be presented to prove we've been with Him.
Jesus said the student will become like the teacher.
John wrote in 1 John 4:17, "This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus."
We can be like Jesus.
We should be like Jesus.
But it doesn't just happen when we proclaim Him. Being a Christian isn't really a title. It isn't religion - it's relationship - with Him. And that takes time together.
John wrote earlier in the chapter, "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."
Is Jesus really in us?
Do we know God?
"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God," added John. "No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."
People will take note we have been with Jesus.
Don't be concerned with keeping Christ in Christmas, let's keep Christ in Christian!
As Paul wrote to the Colossians, "which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

#2 Travis Richey

Travis Richey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Granbury Church of the Nazarene

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

Amen!

#3 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:33 AM

Don’t worry about Xmas. It’s more important to keep Christ in Christian than Christmas. Xtians is much worse than Xmas.
If we’re truly keeping a relationship with Christ Everything else is secondary. else will take care of itself.
Rather than be offended by Xmas be upset if people can’t tell we’ve be with Christ today.
If we have truly been with and truly abide with Christ people will most certainly know it.
Consider John and Peter.
They didn’t just talk. They walked the walk.
Peter and John were arrested for talking about Jesus. But it was their behavior that stood out.
Luke wrote about the arrest in Acts 4, “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus.”
Can enough evidence be presented to prove we’ve been with Him.
Jesus said the student will become like the teacher.
John wrote in 1 John 4:17, “This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.”
We can be like Jesus.
We should be like Jesus.
But it doesn’t just happen when we proclaim Him. Being a Christian isn’t really a title. It isn’t religion – it’s relationship – with Him. And that takes time together.
John wrote earlier in the chapter, “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”
Is Jesus really in us?
Do we know God?
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God,” added John. “No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.”
Don’t be concerned with keeping Christ in Christmas, let’s keep Christ in Christian!
As Paul wrote to the Colossians, “which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

A big Amen and thank you for sharing
  • Wallace Mang likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#4 Mark Wood

Mark Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Nikdovnihan

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:48 AM

A well thought out post, thank you.
The X that many people consider the removal of Christ is actually a misnomer. The X represents the Greek Letter for Christ (Chi)
Xmas (Wikipedia)

#5 Laurie Collett

Laurie Collett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Born-again Christian since 4/17/2000. Retired MD neurologist (Laurie Barclay), medical writer. Theatrical ballroom dancer, performer & owner of Rhapsody Ballroom, Tampa, with husband Richard. Adult Bible study teacher. Singer/Christian songwriter.
  • I am a Layperson

• Fellowship Baptist Church

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God,” added John. “No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.”
As Paul wrote to the Colossians, “which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Thanks for the wonderful post! The most amazing thing about being in Christ is that He is in us. How awesome that the Creator of the universe has indwelled believers with His Holy Spirit. Within us we have the mind of Christ, and access to His infinite love, wisdom, power and glory. Sadly, we don't manifest even a fraction of that because of the battle with our sin nature, quenching the Spirit. Our daily prayer should be to die to self and to sin so that His love and light can shine through us to bless others and to bring them to Him.
Laurie Collett, Saved by Grace
http://savedbygraceb...y.blogspot.com/

#6 Joel Stoddert

Joel Stoddert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Green Mountain Community Alliance Church

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

A well thought out post, thank you.
The X that many people consider the removal of Christ is actually a misnomer. The X represents the Greek Letter for Christ (Chi)
Xmas (Wikipedia)

You read my mind, on both counts! :) I too liked the post, but am not offended by "Xmas", since the X is simply an abbreviation for "Christ."

#7 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

A Big Amen!
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D