Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Granbury Church of the Nazarene

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

I believe the answer would really depend on how you define "charismatic". This word has changed in meaning over the past many years. For some, the word means speaking in tongues, dancing down the aisles, etc. For others it means different things, depending on one's upbringing and religious education. This word, and others, tend to become labels for certain ways of worship, and that label may or may not describe fully either the word used, or the people it is used to describe.

For me, charismatic means "of the Spirit", meaning the Holy Spirit. So for me, any vision from God would be through the Holy Spirit and would therefore be "of the Spirit". I also happen to believe that Satan can and does perform counterfeit acts, and does also place "visions" in peoples minds, so one cannot say that all visions are from God. As Paul and John warn us on several occasions, "test the spirits" to see if they are of God.

We are all called to live by the Spirit, and to allow the Holy Spirit to dwell within us, and to flow out from us, so for me, we are all called to charismatic lives, life "in the Spirit".

#3 Elizabeth May

Elizabeth May

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ormond Beach Alliance

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

They're Biblical. The Bible is true or it isn't.
Elizabeth May

#4 BarElohim

BarElohim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

They're Biblical. The Bible is true or it isn't.

KJV: I Corinthians Chapter 12

[4] Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

[5] And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

[6] And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

[7] But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

[8] For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

[9] To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

[10] To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

[11] But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

we might notice that one of the gifts of the spirit is the *discerning of spirits*. Thereby we can Know that which of Him, and that which isn't..... As also another scriptures depicts....
KJV: I John Chapter 5

[6] This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

[7] For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

[8] And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

(1)The holy Spirit, (2)the Word, (3)and the shed life!

Sincerely In Christ
barElohim