Israel - philistine pending peace.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Anawa Robert Puri

Anawa Robert Puri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Listening to gospel music, keeping garden, raising chicks, designing electronics gadgets, praying alone, and chating
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Government house chapel

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

I am really disturb whenever the peace of the state of Israel is being disturb. More so, the creation of philistine state may have a devastating negative effect on Israel. However, Jesus die for all liberating each of us 4rm d curse 2 liberty. Am I being selfish or unchristian if I pray that the wish of the philistine should not be granted?

#2 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

Am I being selfish or unchristian if I pray that the wish of the philistine should not be granted?

Not sure, but I tend to pray scripture at times where His will is a bit unclear. In a case like this I would pray that "none would perish but that all would come to the knowledge of Him." Maybe that is too simplistic?

#3 Dave Dagwell

Dave Dagwell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:cycling, kayking, hiking, Bible study
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • North Ridge

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

I agree with Marvin, and would add that we must remember what the Apostle Paul told us in Romans 9:6 that "they are not all Israel, which are of Israel. Paul shares that God gave Israel a remarkable list of privileges listed in 9:4-5, with one crowning them all -- to them Christ came. Yet, though He came to His own, they rejected Him (John 1:11). Pray for both peoples that they might come to the knowledge of the truth, knowing that God will deal with them according to His wisdom, mercy, and sovereignty.

#4 Jay Turner

Jay Turner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

I am really disturb whenever the peace of the state of Israel is being disturb. More so, the creation of philistine state may have a devastating negative effect on Israel. However, Jesus die for all liberating each of us 4rm d curse 2 liberty. Am I being selfish or unchristian if I pray that the wish of the philistine should not be granted?

I think it is important to remember who the real enemy is. We look at the people who cause us pain. We look at Palestine, Iran and the muslims. We look at the unbelievers and associate them with being God's enemies, but God's enemies are not flesh and blood. He has been reconciled with all of humanity through the blood of Jesus Christ. Of course we need to receive his gift of grace, but he no longer sees us as being at enmity with him. Can we be enemies when we have been forgiven? The true enemies of God are the principalities, powers and the demons.

I think that there is a tendency of looking at prophecy and fighting against the "Signs of the Times" instead of seeing them as signs. One thing to remember is how Satan has never had an original thought of his own, but he takes what God is doing or what he has done and pervert it to suit his desires. We look at things like the ideas of a one world government and one world economy and fight against anything that resembles them, yet as believers aren't we supposed to come together in unity to reclaim all of creation for God's glory? One question to ask is whether the ideas of the one world government, religion and economy are things of satan's creation or if they are things of God's greater plan that satan hijacks for a time.

The real battle isn't between the christians and muslims, between the US and iran or between Israel and Palestine. The war is between God and satan. Our role in this battle isn't to fight against anyone who we perceive to be enemies, but instead to seek instruction from our commanding officer and fight the battle according to his plan.

Is it necessarily wrong to pray that Palestine's wish should not be granted. Maybe, maybe not. (I do find it interesting how you used Philistine instead of Palestine.) But I do see it as a side issue. Our focus should be in drawing near to God and letting him show us the role in which he would have us play in his greater plan.

#5 Travis Richey

Travis Richey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Granbury Church of the Nazarene

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

It very well could be that the "peace of Israel" is suppossed to be disturbed. God's ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts. History paints a very clear picture of how God has used, and/or allowed other nations to influence Israel, even to the point of destroying it, in order to acomplish that which eventually turned out for Israel's benefit, and to further God's plan. The Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, and the Philistines have all been a part of Israels history many times over, and in those Old Testament accounts, it seems clear, to me anyway, that it was at God's hand that many of those events occurred.

So, the question that might be asked is this one. Might the current events in the middle east also be a reproof against Israel? Afte all, Israel is Jewish, not Christian, and Prophecy states that events will happen that will turn Israel's heart to the Truth, which is Christ. Perhaps our prayers should be for the conversion of Israel, by whatever means God sees fit to use. And as Jay has so wonderfully reminded us, we should also pray that Prophecy be fullfilled and we should not attempt to thwart that which God has placed in motion.

Israel is rich in history, and the Jewish heritage is our heritage. But 2,000 years ago, God sent His Son Jesus as Messiah. No one comes to the Father except through the Son. His own people did not accept Him then. Let us pray that they as a nation accept Him soon.

#6 Laurie Collett

Laurie Collett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Born-again Christian since 4/17/2000. Retired MD neurologist (Laurie Barclay), medical writer. Theatrical ballroom dancer, performer & owner of Rhapsody Ballroom, Tampa, with husband Richard. Adult Bible study teacher. Singer/Christian songwriter.
  • I am a Layperson

• Fellowship Baptist Church

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

I believe we know from Bible prophecy how it all turns out. There will be no true peace for Israel until the Millennial Kingdom, after the Battle of Armageddon when all of Israel's enemies are defeated. Then Christ will be the rightful Ruler of the new Jerusalem, and Israel will have finally realized He is the promised Messiah. As we see the signs of the times unfolding, as laid out so clearly in Matthew 24, we should rejoice that His kingdom must not be far away. In the meantime, I believe we should pray "Come quickly, Lord Jesus!" and that we would be found good and faithful stewards when He returns.

Laurie Collett, Saved by Grace
http://savedbygraceb...y.blogspot.com/

#7 AWebF

AWebF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

God's Word commands us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem ( and this is in the context of the center of worship and government of Israel ). He also tells us that He has given to Jacob (Israel) and his descendents the land from the Euphrates to the wadi of Egypt ( Genesis Chapters 15 and 35 ). He also tells us he will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel.

God also tells us He will be angry with the nations when they divide this land He has given to Israel ( and give part of it to the Gentiles ).

Therefore, as we are to pray that God's will be done, we are to pray against the land of Israel being given to the Palestinians, Philistines or to any other peoples ( and against anyone's plan to curse or harm Israel or his descendents- which includes the Jewish people of Israel ).

But we must also remember that Jesus told his disciples ( thereby us ) that we are to go into the whole world and share that He has died and rose again to offer eternal life to all who will come ( in repentance from sin ). Therefore we are to pray for the salvation of the Palestinians, the Jewish people and all who have not yet received Him.
Even though our battle is not against flesh and blood -all people will side with Yeshua or our enemy ha'satan during or by the end of their natural life. We are to be His vessels to help bring as many into His Kingdom that He enables us to bring.