• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Laurie Collett

Laurie Collett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Born-again Christian since 4/17/2000. Retired MD neurologist (Laurie Barclay), medical writer. Theatrical ballroom dancer, performer & owner of Rhapsody Ballroom, Tampa, with husband Richard. Adult Bible study teacher. Singer/Christian songwriter.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Fellowship Baptist Church

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

A missionary once said that everyone is either a missionary or a mission field. Missions is not something relegated to those few sent to foreign countries to witness and plant churches as a full-time occupation; it is the privilege and responsibility of every born-again believer. God has placed each of in a unique sphere of influence, by virtue of our neighborhood, workplace, special interests and talents, equipping each of us to reach a group of unsaved souls that other believers might not be able to reach. Our testimony, witness, and other evidence of Christ in us may be the salt and light these souls need to come to a saving knowledge of Him.

As the End Times appear to be drawing near, I believe God has given believers even greater opportunities for missions through the power of the Internet. Like any powerful tool, the Internet has been misused for evil, but it has tremendous potential to enhance missions by quickly and inexpensively sowing seeds even in the far corners of the globe. Daniel 12:4 says that in the time of the end, knowledge shall be increased, and that “many shall run to and fro,” which, I have read, in the Hebrew has connotations of “searching” in the same way one would do a computer search today.

Although God has used me through public speaking and has blessed me with the opportunity to teach an adult Bible study class, I have also felt led recently to witness more actively through the forum of the Internet. Jesus described the kingdom of heaven as “like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind,” and it would truly be a blessing if by casting out via the Internet we could lead even one lost soul to Him.

So I began a blog, Saved by Grace ( http://savedbygraceb...y.blogspot.com/ ), as a forum to witness and teach from God’s Word, and I am blessed that in only a few short months it has had regular visitors from 6 continents! I invite you to visit and consider following this blog, and I pray that it would be a blessing to you and encourage you to start an online mission of your own!

Love in Christ,
Laurie Collett
http://savedbygraceb...y.blogspot.com/

#2 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

thanks for the reminder

#3 John William Weiss

John William Weiss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

Laurie,
I have had the same thought, each one of us has a special influence and talent and the oportunity to express oneself in a world wide nature empowers each and every one of us the ability to communicate the Gospel to every creature. I am making a film about my great grandfather who was a CMA missionary pioneer, my hope is that it will touch many lives with the love of Jesus.
John

#4 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

Laurie,
I have had the same thought, each one of us has a special influence and talent and the oportunity to express oneself in a world wide nature empowers each and every one of us the ability to communicate the Gospel to every creature. I am making a film about my great grandfather who was a CMA missionary pioneer, my hope is that it will touch many lives with the love of Jesus.
John

I thought I recognized your name from an e-mail I received from you. I look forward to seeing the movie! God bless your endeavor. Make sure you contact Jen in our Archives for any additional help, I believe she had several other resources that referenced your GGF.

#5 Laurie Collett

Laurie Collett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Born-again Christian since 4/17/2000. Retired MD neurologist (Laurie Barclay), medical writer. Theatrical ballroom dancer, performer & owner of Rhapsody Ballroom, Tampa, with husband Richard. Adult Bible study teacher. Singer/Christian songwriter.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Fellowship Baptist Church

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Laurie,
John

Amen, John! He has equipped each of us in a unique way to share the Gospel with our unique sphere of influence where He has placed us. May God bless your film and use it to bring souls to Him!
Laurie Collett, Saved by Grace
http://savedbygraceb...y.blogspot.com/