• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 staceydavis78

staceydavis78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

I am looking for creative ways to involve a children's ministry in a church capital campaign. We are not seeking to build a building but to raise capital so we can do more outreach in our community and have more resources for teaching the gospel in our church. I appreciate any ideas. Thank you!

#2 Albert Morse

Albert Morse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Mission work evangelical or life skills
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Alliance Bible Church.

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:00 AM

I am looking for creative ways to involve a children's ministry in a church capital campaign. We are not seeking to build a building but to raise capital so we can do more outreach in our community and have more resources for teaching the gospel in our church. I appreciate any ideas. Thank you!

1. In my childhood we would be sold off as "slaves for a day". Of course labor laws and child protection laws put a stop to that kind of stuff.

2. I do know some people might pay just to be Grand parents. Some parents might want to volunteer their children to trustworthy saints as temporary grand children. Of course that looks like slavery so it is probably frowned upon.

3. How about having the kids help make pies for auction, or a spagetti dinner, or sandwichs or ready to bake pizzas. People generally need to eat after church.

4. One Christmas we had a romantic desert fellowhip with candles and professional music. The kids were the wait staff serving the Coffee, tea cider and desserts. They loved that.

These are the only ones I can remember. Good luck.

#3 Ma Vang

Ma Vang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • I am a Church Worker

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Hmong New Hope Alliance Church

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

1. To try to raise funds for our playground, we did a jump-rope-a-thon where the kids would collect pledges.

2. In conjunction with the youth group, we did a "who's got talent" show, where kids would perform and we would then pass the money bag around for people to vote (by putting in money). The highest grossing performer would be the winner.

1. In my childhood we would be sold off as "slaves for a day". Of course labor laws and child protection laws put a stop to that kind of stuff.

2. I do know some people might pay just to be Grand parents. Some parents might want to volunteer their children to trustworthy saints as temporary grand children. Of course that looks like slavery so it is probably frowned upon.

3. How about having the kids help make pies for auction, or a spagetti dinner, or sandwichs or ready to bake pizzas. People generally need to eat after church.

4. One Christmas we had a romantic desert fellowhip with candles and professional music. The kids were the wait staff serving the Coffee, tea cider and desserts. They loved that.

These are the only ones I can remember. Good luck.