• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MarcKennedy

MarcKennedy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

My brother-in-law Jonathan has hemophilia and has had a rough couple of years. I sent a text to my sister Carla tonight asking her an everyday sort of question and after she answered me she told me that business is bad (he works in a job related to the stock market), he is bleeding from his intestines, they are going to lose the home they own near New Orleans (that they’ve been renting to someone else because they couldn’t afford to live in it anymore after some major financial setbacks related to Hurricane Katrina and the recession), that they’re facing a coming tropical storm and that she’s scared. And that breaks my heart. My sister and her husband have four young kids and they are such a faithful family. They love the Lord and are such an example to me. They moved to Baton Rouge a couple of years ago to live with my brother-in-law’s parents and to get trained in church planting, which is what they feel the Lord calling them into. Jonathan has lived many more years than the doctors told him he would as he grew up. Medical science has improved year after year. But he’s recently been through an ankle surgery and an elbow-replacement surgery and is in constant pain. His hemophilia is of the type that his blood can never clot on its own and even a simple bruise doesn’t heal without injections of an expensive clotting agent. He can’t take pain killers because they thin his blood (and therefore the clotting agent he has to take regularly because of the surgeries). It’s a mess, but I know that God sees what is happening and I’m praying for Him to meet their needs in all of the places where I can’t begin to help. Their kids names are Hannah, Ezra, Bella and Isaac. Thank you for your prayers.

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:17 AM

Please know that I am praying for your sister's family! I pray that God will meet all of their needs (physical, financial, etc.) according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. May the Lord show Carla, Jonathan and their children His infinite goodness and mercy and also protect them from the tropical storm. I wonder if there are organizations, ministries, etc. that could help with some of the financial needs they are facing. For example, the local church I attend in Colorado Springs has a congregational care ministry, and they also help people in the community, not just church members. Perhaps you could suggest to Carla that she contact some area churches to see if they can help with some of the urgent needs her family is facing. This is what the Body of Christ is for.

#3 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

My brother-in-law Jonathan has hemophilia and has had a rough couple of years. I sent a text to my sister Carla tonight asking her an everyday sort of question and after she answered me she told me that business is bad (he works in a job related to the stock market), he is bleeding from his intestines, they are going to lose the home they own near New Orleans (that they’ve been renting to someone else because they couldn’t afford to live in it anymore after some major financial setbacks related to Hurricane Katrina and the recession), that they’re facing a coming tropical storm and that she’s scared. And that breaks my heart. My sister and her husband have four young kids and they are such a faithful family. They love the Lord and are such an example to me. They moved to Baton Rouge a couple of years ago to live with my brother-in-law’s parents and to get trained in church planting, which is what they feel the Lord calling them into. Jonathan has lived many more years than the doctors told him he would as he grew up. Medical science has improved year after year. But he’s recently been through an ankle surgery and an elbow-replacement surgery and is in constant pain. His hemophilia is of the type that his blood can never clot on its own and even a simple bruise doesn’t heal without injections of an expensive clotting agent. He can’t take pain killers because they thin his blood (and therefore the clotting agent he has to take regularly because of the surgeries). It’s a mess, but I know that God sees what is happening and I’m praying for Him to meet their needs in all of the places where I can’t begin to help. Their kids names are Hannah, Ezra, Bella and Isaac. Thank you for your prayers.

Oh my, I can feel the heartache in your post. Of course I will pray for them. They are after all the Lord's own. His very own. He will be their rock right where they are. All of them. And Julie's right. The Lord's people are here to help. I'll pray for that help, too, from his body,

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!

#4 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

Hi Marc.

I'm reminded of the time in the New Testament where Paul and Silas were in prison, chained up and waiting for trial. But they praised God, and God moved in a miraculous way. It is my prayer that though your brother-in-law may feel trapped in a physically tough space that he would be able to begin to praise God for His goodness and faithfulness and that in those moments of praise would experience the release that he needs.

I would also join in the prayers for his physical healing, a financial breakthrough, and the care of those 4 precious ones Hannah, Ezra, Bella and Isaac.