twt318

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • I am a Church Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Harvest Community of the Nazerene

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:51 AM

As I work today,I have been looking at all the 'sigh'ns of complacency. We have two extremes in our society. The first is to have to be on the cutting edge of EVERYTHING. The other is to simply fall into our rut and become only too comfortable with the 'way things have always been at our church.' Both are complacent: the first is making our world always change so we don't have to pay attention to what has already happened. The second is self evident: we can live in the past and never grasp the fear of what may come.

#2 Dean Greenwood

Dean Greenwood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:49 AM

As I work today,I have been looking at all the 'sigh'ns of complacency. We have two extremes in our society. The first is to have to be on the cutting edge of EVERYTHING. The other is to simply fall into our rut and become only too comfortable with the 'way things have always been at our church.' Both are complacent: the first is making our world always change so we don't have to pay attention to what has already happened. The second is self evident: we can live in the past and never grasp the fear of what may come.

#3 Dean Greenwood

Dean Greenwood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:55 AM

Mitchell,
I agree. What happened to being a daily wholehearted follower of Jesus going about do whatever it is that He tells us and empowers us to do? Let's live wholeheartedly today for Jesus and trust Him for whatever we need today as we have intimacy with Him. He said, "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." NLT He is all we need today and tomorrow.