Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

With the recession, it seems that everything in America has been devalued. This has happened because the true value of an object is what people are willing to pay. Fortunately, God has set the market price on people; He has forever established their value through the cross. Indeed, at the cross, God has shown what He was willing to pay for each individual. That means no one can try to diminish who you are. No one can bid less for you. That is because the King of Kings has shown every devil and every demon how much people are worth. Therefore, if you hear in your ears that you have no value or that God could not possibly love you; look at the cross and think again. God thinks you are worth dying for, and nothing and no one can ever change that.
  • David DeCoste likes this
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#2 Laurie Collett

Laurie Collett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Born-again Christian since 4/17/2000. Retired MD neurologist (Laurie Barclay), medical writer. Theatrical ballroom dancer, performer & owner of Rhapsody Ballroom, Tampa, with husband Richard. Adult Bible study teacher. Singer/Christian songwriter.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Fellowship Baptist Church

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

With the recession, it seems that everything in America has been devalued. This has happened because the true value of an object is what people are willing to pay. Fortunately, God has set the market price on people; He has forever established their value through the cross. Indeed, at the cross, God has shown what He was willing to pay for each individual. That means no one can try to diminish who you are. No one can bid less for you. That is because the King of Kings has shown every devil and every demon how much people are worth. Therefore, if you hear in your ears that you have no value or that God could not possibly love you; look at the cross and think again. God thinks you are worth dying for, and nothing and no one can ever change that.

It amazes me to think that the Creator of the universe created us in His image, for His good pleasure, desiring fellowship with us. It amazes me that God loves us so much that He gave His only Son as the perfect sacrifice to pay our sin debt, reconciling us to His holy Self. It amazes me that He loved us while we were still His enemies, that He redeemed us, set us free, adopted us, made us joint heirs with Christ, and appointed us as His ambassadors. Laurie Collett, Saved by Grace: http://savedbygraceb...y.blogspot.com/

#3 Jectieut

Jectieut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2024 - 11:29 PM

A hidden gem for fans of quirky sports games! A Small World Cup is simple to learn but tough to master. The ragdoll physics make every match unpredictable, and the fast-paced action keeps you coming back for more.

#4 butefa

butefa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2024 - 07:24 PM

I will state this once more: this is not the appropriate place to put your sales pitch. This is a website where Christians may express their opinions, not to read about your commercials.

snow rider 3d