• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:mission..
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Roxas City Alliance Church

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:47 PM

Two words summarize Christ's opinion of worry: irrelevant and irreverent.
"Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not" (Matt. 6:27). When was the last time you solved a problem by worrying about it?
Many people in this world specially those who are not yet give their life to Jesus worrying about their future and what happened if there's a big tragedy came to their life like what happened in Japan and Haiti. We are now in the end times and we don't know when it is only our beloved God knows that but worry changes nothing. You don't ad one day to your life or one bit of life to your day by worrying. Your anxiety earns you heartburn, nothing more.
Worries are needless, it is doing nothing, distrusting God. The only thing that we should do is to surrender our life to our beloved God, continue praying, keeping alert, and always thanking God.

I want to share you guys about a changed life of mine. It is related in my first topic that I wrote here in this page.
I always worrying about my needs especially I was born in a poor family we are eleven siblings of my parents we don't have our own house my father got stroke and my mother is only a maintenance in our church so that my brother became the head of the family because my father cannot work anymore because of what happened. I pursue my studies in different places as a working student because my family cannot afford to sustained it, I meet different people, I learned to be an independent person , I always worry in that time what happened in my life if im going to surrender, how about my family, how im going to help them . One day God answers prayer there is a missionary from Germany visited in our church in manila, the one who proposed a help in my family. Starting that day my younger brothers and sister back to school to continue their schooling. We thank God for that blessings.
During that time I wasn't their I have my schooling here in the province.During our vacation I decided to go home to have a vacation on that time I meet ate Wiebke a missionary who help my family a person who help me also yo improve my faith to our God,how God used His people to show His love to His children. Before I go back in the province to continue my studies she gave me a letter taken from the book of Proverbs 4:23 that I always apply in my life until now. 2011, it was march 06, I was baptized here in Roxas City Alliance Church, and I decided to walk with Jesus with all I am, and totally give up my life to Him an I'm happy because we all in the family are now serving God. I am now a graduating student by next year and there's always a problems comes in me but nothing to worry about because I know God is there doesn't leave me, it is only which God is working in my life to make me strong.
God loves you simply because he has chosen to do so.. God bless us all..

#2 Elizabeth May

Elizabeth May

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ormond Beach Alliance

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

He says not to worry about 365 times in the Word. It's a command. When we disobey Him by worrying, grumbling or fearing, we sin and are out of communion with the Lord. So we daily confess and ask his forgiveness as we abide in Him in the deeper Christian life. We abide because we love Him. His response is to fill us with his Spirit, without whom we can do nothing of eternal value. To love Him is to obey Him. And He shows himself to those who love him. I can't think of a better reason to simply do what He asks. He has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and strong mind. Thank, love and obey, and be blessed.
Elizabeth May