#1 jerryethompson

jerryethompson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • I am a Chaplain

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

On August 30th, 2010 I posted a praise and a prayer request. 2,606 people viewed it. Below is that original post.

Praise the Lord! I was accepted by the Army Chaplain board to be an Army Reserve Chaplain on August 12th and passed my ordination oral exam on August 13! My ordination service is September 17th.

My prayer request: God please provide for all of the Thompson's needs as Jerry seeks a pastorate that is a fulltime paid position. In Jesus name, Amen.

On April 7th, 2011 I was called to be the Pastor of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship of Sulphur, LA. I was installed on May 15th and both my wife and I were able to attend General Council. On top of all that I received a letter from the Army Reserves stating that I am on the promotion list for Captain once my transfer to my new unit in New Orleans goes through.

I ask that you join me as I pray for this new chapter in our ministry.
Father God, I pray that we get settled into our new home. I pray that we are able to rent our home back in Savannah, GA to good renters. I pray that the Peacemaker Ministry sermon and Sunday School series will help bring healing to the church so that we can grow in our relationship with Jesus. I pray that we remain in Your will in all aspects of our lives as we strive to serve You. In Jesus name, Amen.

I thank you in advance for your prayers!

In Christ Alone,

Jerry

#2 Wade McGarvey

Wade McGarvey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, hanging out with Church buddies, talking religion and politics, checking news and current events.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • North Ridge Alliance, Raleigh NC

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:06 AM

Thank you Jerry for your informative post on you position and future leading. Thank you for your service to God and country in such a time as this. God Bless you during your trasition... I know how difficult that can be. Keep us up dated on any future deployments - Wade McGarvey

#3 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:35 AM

Thank you Jerry for your informative post on you position and future leading. Thank you for your service to God and country in such a time as this. God Bless you during your trasition... I know how difficult that can be. Keep us up dated on any future deployments - Wade McGarvey

I agree, Wade. Thanks for your update, Jerry.

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!