• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:15 AM

This is an update on the prayer request I posted the other day. Thanks to all who prayed!

Dear Friends,
Thank you for your prayers. Lynda and I were so encouraged by the many people who responded to this emergency prayer request.

In my quiet time before going to court, I read the words from Psalm 135:14:
"The Lord will vindicate his people and have compassion on his servants."

That's exactly what happened. The judge listened carefully to my case, and noted the points of law that were violated (denial of translator in the first court case, taking away my Canadian domestic license and not returning it even when I left the country twice, etc.). The judge also seemed much more sympathetic to the extenuating circumstances of the case, as I was on the wrong side of the road for only about 1.2 seconds.

The verdict: Since this higher court doesn't have my driver's license, they will have to order the license to be transferred to the higher court. I have to go back to court on May 16th, but the judge indicated her willingness to drop the case against me at that time and give me back my license!!!!!

Time for a Calgary Stampede "yeeeeeehaaaaa!!!"

Until that time, she extended my temporary license for driving here in Russia, which is just fine with me.

I must admit, my celebration was a little more subdued because of the fog over procedure. I have to come back to court, and provide additional evidence. I don't know what exactly, since I exhausted everything I could think of yesterday. But I'll come up with something - I think it's a formality. What a relief. I had consulted with a traffic lawyer leading up to this case, and his fee would have been $500 to defend me, but he didn't see any way I could win since I had basically pleaded guilty in the first case. He didn't want to take my money and not be able to help me get the license back. But some things can't be bought, like the power of God to soften the heart of a judge. All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus. I didn't get any $ fine, and they haven't even hinted I might have to pay for the translator provided by the courts. I'm just in shock and awe, so thankful to God and to each one of you who prayed for us.

We love you, and we're celebrating

Blessings
Perry Friesen

#2 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for the report! It's amazing!!!

I have a friend in the UK who always bring the subject back to where it should be with:

...but isn't Jesus wonderful!

Yours in his everlovingtenderkindness,
Ruth Ann

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!