• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:20 AM

Pray for the village of Peni. This is a village within our grasp. This past Friday I went to begin my annual three month teaching program for the women. As I got up to speak I realized that the whole back of the church was filled with young people and children. School had been unexpectedly cancelled and so, for lack of something better to do, they all came into the church to hear me try to speak their language. What marvelous grace for me that this Friday I had brought pictures of the redemption story and could immediately give that lesson and explain to this group who Jesus Christ was and what He has done for them. Afterwards, I arranged to meet with them on an upcoming Sunday afternoon. We have two children in this village that have taken a firm stand for Christ and have been kicked out of their home because of it. Their family is surprised to see that even with what these children suffer, they are not turning back. We believe that the harvest time is now for this village. Will you stand with us in prayer? Pray for Pastor Jeremie and his wife. They are tireless in their evangelistic efforts. Pray that God would make them people of influence in the village. Pray that the believers in this village would shine brightly for Jesus. Pray for me as I go out on Fridays and also that we could work out some other contacts with the young people and children in this village. It is within our reach.

#2 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

Pray for the village of Peni. This is a village within our grasp. This past Friday I went to begin my annual three month teaching program for the women. As I got up to speak I realized that the whole back of the church was filled with young people and children. School had been unexpectedly cancelled and so, for lack of something better to do, they all came into the church to hear me try to speak their language. What marvelous grace for me that this Friday I had brought pictures of the redemption story and could immediately give that lesson and explain to this group who Jesus Christ was and what He has done for them. Afterwards, I arranged to meet with them on an upcoming Sunday afternoon. We have two children in this village that have taken a firm stand for Christ and have been kicked out of their home because of it. Their family is surprised to see that even with what these children suffer, they are not turning back. We believe that the harvest time is now for this village. Will you stand with us in prayer? Pray for Pastor Jeremie and his wife. They are tireless in their evangelistic efforts. Pray that God would make them people of influence in the village. Pray that the believers in this village would shine brightly for Jesus. Pray for me as I go out on Fridays and also that we could work out some other contacts with the young people and children in this village. It is within our reach.

I will be praying for this village, Pastor Jeremie and wife, the children who accepted Christ and for God's direction. Reminds me of the woman at the well and her Good News. May God bring the increase!

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!

#3 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

May it be so, Father.