#1 Janet Root

Janet Root

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:10 AM

Here's an exciting praise report from international workers Larry and Karen Wolters, serving in Burkina Faso.

"Pastor Tandamba shared a story about a mother who brought her sick child to the church for prayer. After taking one look at the little boy, the pastor said: 'It is too late; the child has died.' He then accompanied the mother and her son to a local clinic, where medical staff confirmed that the little boy was deceased. From there, the three were dispatched to another clinic to secure a death certificate.

"Pastor Tandamba described to us how he prayed for the boy ceaselessly throughout the process, beginning at the church and while he accompanied the woman and her child from clinic to clinic. When the three arrived at the last clinic, the doctor asked to take a look at the boy before signing the paperwork for the death certificate. While the doctor was conducting the examination, the child let out a cry. Everyone at the scene was completely amazed—the power of prayer had prevailed!"
  • Lori Smith, Kenny and johnv1968 like this

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:14 AM

What an awesome testimony of God's power through prayer. Praise the Lord!!

#3 Ruthie Hankins

Ruthie Hankins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • I am a National Office Worker

• HarvestDowntown

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

I am still amazed at stories like this--yet somehow feel I shouldn't be because our God is the God of the impossible. So I'll continue to be amazed while at the same time expectant to see God to do the miraculous.
  • Kenny likes this

#4 Janet Root

Janet Root

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

That's a great, intentional way of responding to stories like this, Ruthie. Thanks for sharing!

#5 Elizabeth May

Elizabeth May

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Ormond Beach Alliance

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:52 AM

Glory to God for using Pastor Tandamba to raise the dead in the power of the Holy Spirit! Alleluia!

This story was included in the Sunday worship service bulletin and brought the glory of God into our presence yesterday. He is pouring out his Spirit to use those with his Faith to heal the sick and raise the dead. I am praying for all Spirit-filled Christians to hear from God and receive his power to do mighty works to bring about his return. Jesus is coming soon!

Lord,
I praise You and thank You. Pour out your Spirit of faith into your bride. Impart your good gifts as you see fit to glorify yourself with miraculous healings, signs, and wonders. Your kingdom come. The battle is yours!
In Jesus' name,
Amen

Attached Files

• Lori Smith likes this
Elizabeth May

#6 Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

Here's an exciting praise report from international workers Larry and Karen Wolters, serving in Burkina Faso.

"Pastor Tandamba shared a story about a mother who brought her sick child to the church for prayer. After taking one look at the little boy, the pastor said: 'It is too late; the child has died.' He then accompanied the mother and her son to a local clinic, where medical staff confirmed that the little boy was deceased. From there, the three were dispatched to another clinic to secure a death certificate.

"Pastor Tandamba described to us how he prayed for the boy ceaselessly throughout the process, beginning at the church and while he accompanied the woman and her child from clinic to clinic. When the three arrived at the last clinic, the doctor asked to take a look at the boy before signing the paperwork for the death certificate. While the doctor was conducting the examination, the child let out a cry. Everyone at the scene was completely amazed—the power of prayer had prevailed!"

Our God certainly is the same yesterday, today and forever. Let us praise Him for this wonderful display of His power in our day.

#7 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

And all God's people said, "WOW!"
  • Lori Smith likes this