• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

Please pray for complete healing for Lori (short for Lorraine). She is recent cervical cancer survivor who has developed symptoms that may indicate ovarian cancer. She is going to the doctor today. Please pray that it is not cancer.

Lori says she is a Christian and has just started going to church again after not attending services for many years. She has deep emotional scars after being in two abusive marriages and has suffered from horrible nightmares most of her adult life. Her mother and brother have pleaded with her to go to the church elders and be anointed with oil (for both physical and emotional healing), but she refuses to do this (based on her reasons, it sounds like pride might be a stronghold in her life). Please pray about all these things as God leads you.

Thank you for your prayers!

#2 Denes House

Denes House

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:I am married to the beauteous Karina, and have two excellent children, Timothy and Evelyn. I love science fiction, kayaking, fantasy, philosophy, theology, politics, movies, illustration, and computer graphics.
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Trinity Alliance Church

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:57 AM

Lord, please extend your healing hand to Lori, physically, spiritually, and emotionally. May she surrender her pride to you, and in forgiveness find healing. In Jesus' name, amen.
For those who are wondering, my name is spelled "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove..."

Visit my weblog, online art gallery, and church's website!

#3 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

Lord, please extend your healing hand to Lori, physically, spiritually, and emotionally. May she surrender her pride to you, and in forgiveness find healing. In Jesus' name, amen.

AMEN! Thanks for praying, Denes!

#4 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

Father, show yourself strong on Lori's behalf. Make a clear diagnosis possible and do your mighty work in her life. May whatever channel you use for her healing be accepted from your hand with joy and expectancy that her loving Father cares deeply for her.

#5 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:04 PM

Father, please make yourself really really real to Lori while she walks this path. Her troubled life has kept her from you, I think. Father, draw her and speak to her and give her the fruit of your Spirit while you heal whatever is causing her physical troubles. Thank you my Lord, for your tenderlovingkindness toward her. We love you. Amen.

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!

#6 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

Thank you, friends! I will keep you posted on Lori's condition (spiritual and physical).

#7 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

Update on Lori: Over the weekend, I received word that Lori's tests results "weren't good." I am not really sure what that means, but she seems to have an extremely rare, serious condition. The doctors have ordered more tests. She still won't ask for prayer at church and gets angry when the subject is brought up, so her mother (who has been trying to counsel Lori from God's Word) has decided to back off. Please pray that the Holy Spirit will work in Lori's heart and that she will listen to His voice. I keep thinking of the verse in James, "You do not have, because you do not ask."

#8 Guest_Debbie Schermerhorn_*

Guest_Debbie Schermerhorn_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:41 AM

Dear Father, you can work all things for good and I pray that You turn Lori's heart towards You and that she cleave to You during this difficult time of physical testing. I pray for her complete healing knowing that by Your stripes, Lori is healed. Touch Lori's heart, mind and body in a comforting way today and give her Your peace! I pray this all in Jesus' name, Amen!

#9 cheeecake

cheeecake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

Please pray for complete healing for Lori (short for Lorraine). She is recent cervical cancer survivor who has developed symptoms that may indicate ovarian cancer. She is going to the doctor today. Please pray that it is not cancer.

Lori says she is a Christian and has just started going to church again after not attending services for many years. She has deep emotional scars after being in two abusive marriages and has suffered from horrible nightmares most of her adult life. Her mother and brother have pleaded with her to go to the church elders and be anointed with oil (for both physical and emotional healing), but she refuses to do this (based on her reasons, it sounds like pride might be a stronghold in her life). Please pray about all these things as God leads you.

#10 cheeecake

cheeecake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

Please know that you are all in my prayers ok. Keep us all posted ok.

#11 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:23 AM

Please know that you are all in my prayers ok. Keep us all posted ok.

Thank you so much! When I hear any more news, I will let you all know. I appreciate everyone's prayers!