Laurel McMarlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • La Iglesia Episcopal San Marcos, Xela

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:17 PM

We have a critical need for two teachers (high school science and middle school English) at Inter-American School in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala. The positions will be open for the second semester (4 Jan to 27 May 2011). Do you know of anyone who may be interested? Teaching certification is preferred but not required. All classes are taught in English. More information can be found at the IAS webpage ( http://www.ias-xela.org/ ), and I welcome any questions candidates may have. -Laurel McMarlin (mr.mcmarlin@gmail.com)
Laurel Ralph McMarlin

#2 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

Excellent Laurel! I hope this works out for you. Be sure to let us know if you get any applicants through this forum so we can see how effective this channel is for getting the word out.

I'd also like to remind the community that there are also Alliance opportunities to serve by going to The Alliance Employment page, the Envision website or the Serve section of our website.

#3 Laurel McMarlin

Laurel McMarlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • La Iglesia Episcopal San Marcos, Xela

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:43 AM

Excellent Laurel! I hope this works out for you. Be sure to let us know if you get any applicants through this forum so we can see how effective this channel is for getting the word out.

I'd also like to remind the community that there are also Alliance opportunities to serve by going to The Alliance Employment page, the Envision website or the Serve section of our website.

Thank you, Marvin. We have found two Christian teachers to fill these positions. Inter-American School in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala is now accepting applications for the next school year if anyone is interested. Candidates must be Christians and have a degree, but not teaching creditentials (preferred, not required). Only a one year commitment is required. We are Pre-K through 12, all classes taught in English to Guatemalan and some international students. Six percent are MKs. More information and application forms can be found at the IAS website Inter-American School. I am available to answer any questions.
Laurel Ralph McMarlin