• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 tammyshalom

tammyshalom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:evangelism, missions, teaching new Christians, worship, and I love to write Christian books,poetry and song lyrics....
  • I am a Church Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Assembly of God

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

Tammy,
I think the book you are looking for is the one by Dallas Willard, though the one by Steve Saint looks interesting to me as well. It is about a different topic though.
Ruthie

thank you Ruthie... :rolleyes: .... where did our friends go that were in this topic? lol....

anyway - maybe we should start calling ourselfs Diciples of Christ instead of just Christians... maybe then people will get a clearer pic. of who we are...
or they might be curious- and start a conversation wondering what the difference is between the two... and that will plant a little "seed"... well- it sounds good to me... talk soon... God Bless! tammy oh ya -- HAPPY RESERRECTION DAY!!!

#22 Jay Turner

Jay Turner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

thank you Ruthie... :rolleyes: .... where did our friends go that were in this topic? lol....

anyway - maybe we should start calling ourselfs Diciples of Christ instead of just Christians... maybe then people will get a clearer pic. of who we are...
or they might be curious- and start a conversation wondering what the difference is between the two... and that will plant a little "seed"... well- it sounds good to me... talk soon... God Bless! tammy oh ya -- HAPPY RESERRECTION DAY!!!

I rarely call myself a Christian anymore. The term Christian is more about the religion associated with being a believer and what it has become instead of the relationship itself. A relationship is supposed to be a personal thing. When it is truly personal, you don't need labels to define it. You just are what you are. The labels we attach to things are more external representations of internal processes. More often than not, they are more tools to derive status than representations of the truth.