• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:01 PM

My 13-year-old step-niece, Shannon, was taken the hospital in the ambulence due to a severe asthma attack. She was also diagnosed with walking pneumonia. My elderly parents adopted Shannon after she was removed from an abusive situation, and they have faced many challenges while raising her. Right now, my stepmom (who is Shannon's grandmother) is staying in the hospital with Shannon and has not been getting much sleep (Florida law requires that when a minor is hospitalized, a parent must stay with the child at all times). My dad is feeling overwhelmed by the situation. Please pray for a speedy recovery for Shannon and for complete healing from the asthma. During a previous attack, she had to be air-lifed in a helicopter to a hospital in Tampa. Pray for an extra measure of grace and strength for my parents as well.

#2 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

My 13-year-old step-niece, Shannon, was taken the hospital in the ambulence due to a severe asthma attack. She was also diagnosed with walking pneumonia. My elderly parents adopted Shannon after she was removed from an abusive situation, and they have faced many challenges while raising her. Right now, my stepmom (who is Shannon's grandmother) is staying in the hospital with Shannon and has not been getting much sleep (Florida law requires that when a minor is hospitalized, a parent must stay with the child at all times). My dad is feeling overwhelmed by the situation. Please pray for a speedy recovery for Shannon and for complete healing from the asthma. During a previous attack, she had to be air-lifed in a helicopter to a hospital in Tampa. Pray for an extra measure of grace and strength for my parents as well.

Father, I ask that you heal Shannon, heal her asthma and pneumonia. Give her your life breath and make her well. For Julie's mom and dad, Lord, you know their need. Strength, rest, peace, health and healing for them too. Your servants need you Father. Thank you for your love and for caring for each of us, especially these loving parents and Julie's niece. I praise you Father for your answers to our prayers. You answer before we call. In Jesus precious and wonderful name, amen.

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!

#3 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

Thank you so much for your prayers, RuthAnn! Blessings to you!

#4 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

My very great pleasure, Julie.

How is she? And your mom and dad?

#5 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

My very great pleasure, Julie.

How is she? And your mom and dad?

Thanks for asking, RuthAnn! She's still in the hospital but is expected to be released soon. I haven't spoken to my parents since my last post, as they have been pretty overwhelmed. I've been keeping up with the situation by reading Shannon's Facebook page (she's been keeping all her friends posted on how she's doing, so that way I don't have to disturb my parents.) :)

#6 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:23 AM

Thanks for asking, RuthAnn! She's still in the hospital but is expected to be released soon. I haven't spoken to my parents since my last post, as they have been pretty overwhelmed. I've been keeping up with the situation by reading Shannon's Facebook page (she's been keeping all her friends posted on how she's doing, so that way I don't have to disturb my parents.) :)

Thank you, Julie.

#7 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:34 AM

Shannon got out of the hopsital on Saturday, praise the Lord! I had just prayed that she would be released that day, and I immediately checked Facebook and found out that she was about to be released. Thank you for your prayers! She was very happy to be out of the hospital and had a good time at church yesterday.