Remember Nhu?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:37 AM

When I first began working at the national office in 2003, there was a story that had been circulating about a little girl named Nhu. She had come to believe Jesus earlier in her life and at the age of 12 was sold to be a sex slave due to a lack of food for her family.

At that point, I considered my own young child and wept. I prayed. I asked God for this dear sister to be returned. I even put a photo of her on my computer monitor so I would be reminded to pray for her. But she was gone.

Several years later I heard she had been found. I couldn't believe it! God was merciful to us all as one of our own had been returned. Read the alife article at http://www.alliancel...icle.php?id=125 for the back-story.

My heart was moved even more toward the mission of The Alliance. This little girl was a symbol of God's faithfulness to his children, to his work, and to me through prayer.

Fast-forward to last Thursday and they announced we had a very special guest. Carl Ralston would speak on the child sex-trade and what God had put on his heart to do. And he said she was here--Nhu--this precious symbol of God's faithfulness.

I wept again as I listened to her story. How for a brief time she felt abandoned by God, her restoration to hope through the ministry of "Remember Nhu" that helps keep at-risk children safe from being sold into the sex trade.

And then the moment came to meet her, to thank her for her bravery and witness in the midst of this awful time. I cried periodically for the rest of the day. God is merciful. God is good. And he loves us all!

I asked her permission to attach her testimony in print and audio form. They can be accessed at the end of this post. Feel free to review it, but don't let it stop there.

Be transformed by this amazing story and allow God to move you to whatever his plan is for you. There is so much we can do as individuals but so much more we can do when united.

If you can't get up and go like Carl and his wife did, you can give to the GCF which enables people to go and be about the work of Jesus in places of unbelievable sorrow and darkness. You can sponsor a child through Remember Nhu. You can pray for this work and those going into these dark places to help the widow and orphan. Don't wait, just do it.

What you can do:

1: Read stories about sex trafficking and how people in The Alliance are stopping its spread by visiting http://www.cmallianc...sex+trafficking for other stories.
2: Make a donation to the GCF (Great Commission Fund) at http://www.cmalliance.org/give and help support the work of The Alliance
3: Find our more about Remember Nhu, visit http://remembernhu.org/
4: Download the transcript of Nhu's testimony at the bottom of this post.

Attached Files

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:28 PM

I continue to marvel at God's faithfulness to restore and redeem His lost little lambs. Thank you for posting this, Marvin!

#3 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:16 AM

Thanks so much for this post. Our Alliance Women learned about Nhu and the Remember Nhu org. this past summer. It's a heart breaking story and an eye opener. I have linked this to my fb and have shared it with others. It's an amazing story and one that shows that we can be used actively by our Lord. Thank God for people like Mr. Ralston and for the empowerment to act.

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!