• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:32 AM

We asked you to pray for the two children in the village of Peni that had been kicked out of their courtyard by their father because they have chosen to follow Christ. We have learned that they are both girls, one fifteen and the other twelve. On Thursday, the officials of the village called for the girls' father and the pastor of the Peni church to come for a meeting. They both came and explained the situation. The pastor has been housing the girls since they were kicked out. The village official asked the father if he knew the pastor. The father said, "Oh yes, I know him. He came and prayed for me when I was sick. He often comes and visits in our yard." Then the village official said, "I know that you are of another religion, but we have to allow these children to decide how they will follow God. The important thing is that they have God in their lives. Many young people don't. You must allow these girls to keep going to church. Who knows that they aren't on the right path?" So the father agreed to take the girls back and allow them to continue to go to church. This is a huge answer to prayer, especially considering that the village official is a follower of a different religion. Let us pray together for the salvation of this father and all those in their courtyard.

#2 Janet Root

Janet Root

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

What a wonderful answer to prayer, Andrew! Thanks for following up with us. We will continue to pray for the salvation of the two girls's father, courtyard residents, and the village official whom God used to judge fairly.

#3 Joan Phillips

Joan Phillips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Harvest Downtown

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:18 PM

Andrew, how exciting to see God working in the lives of this family. All glory to Him! I will continue to pray for the girls and their father.
Joan Phillips