Missions on my knees

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LorraineinBC

LorraineinBC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Deeper Life with God, Reading, Missions, Persecuted Church, Prayer/Worship, Homemaking. "Retired" homeschool mom.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

I would be interested (and encouraged) to hear of others here who for one reason or another, are not (yet?) able to go overseas but do pray for labourers for the field, and for the lost everywhere. For many years, I have shed many tears about not being able to get "there", but have found that by faith, I can minister "on the field" by prayer. I still long to go - and we (my husband and I ) have tried a couple of times, but the door always closed. We are getting older, and I just don't know...but God does! :-) Perhaps it will happen, and perhaps not, but I still know that I am called to be faithful and pray. I also have lately developed a burden to pray for young people, that God would raise them up as labourers, men and women of God whose hearts are fully His, surrenderd and obedient. What is your experience in this area?

#2 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:51 AM

Just think of all the places you are going through prayer! I also hold to the fact that God has placed a burden for the world on your heart and may yet send you somewhere else. Your words remind me of A.B. Simpson, who though he didn't take the gospel himself, was key in starting our movement and sending the gospel through prayer and other workers. I'd encourage you to find out more about his ministry at the Simpson Archive link