• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

My husband (Alex) had an EKG yesterday which confimred that he had a mild heart attack about two months ago. Thankfully, it was the bottom portion of the heart, where it's not as serious. He saw a cardiologist yesterday and will go back for a stress test on October 5 and 6. Please pray for complete healing for Alex and protection of his heart, as well as wisdom for the doctor. Also, pray that Alex won't need surgery. Thank you for your prayers!

#2 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

Father, you know Julie's husband's heart. You created it. Please heal it and make it whole. Please guide the medical workers, doctors in their care of Alex. And please give both Alex and Julie your great peace over this. May your will be done. Amen.

I'll be praying, Julie. his stress test started today.

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!

#3 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:06 PM

Thank you so much, RuthAnn, for remembering Alex on the days of his stress test. He did wonderfully, praise God! He was able to jog very fast on a 40 degree incline without feeling any pain or tightness in his chest, which is a major change from recent weeks. We will receive the "official" results in a few days, but all indications are very good. The prayers of God's people were so evident to us! Thank you again!

#4 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

Julie! Isn't God just so wonderful?? And so amazing!!! Thank you Father. I am so glad.

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!

#5 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

He sure is, RuthAnn! Thank you for rejoicing with us!

#6 Tina Shaff

Tina Shaff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:My Great Pyrenees dogs, Scottish Highland cattle, friends, family, reading, writing poetry.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:50 AM

How is your hubby doing? What did the stress test reveal? keeping you both in prayer.
Tina - ysiC

#7 Tina Shaff

Tina Shaff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:My Great Pyrenees dogs, Scottish Highland cattle, friends, family, reading, writing poetry.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

How is your hubby doing? What did the stress test reveal? keeping you both in prayer. As I hit reply, the other posts came up. But I am curious as to what the Dr's recommend in his future? Activity? Diet? etc....

Tina - ysiC

#8 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:10 PM

How is your hubby doing? What did the stress test reveal? keeping you both in prayer. As I hit reply, the other posts came up. But I am curious as to what the Dr's recommend in his future? Activity? Diet? etc....

Thanks for asking, Tina! He is doing amazingly well! He is actually praising God for the heart attack because it was the wake-up call he needed. The stress test confirmed that it was a mild heart attack, but he is expected to make a full recovery. The doctor would like to get him started on a prescription drug, but since he's already on three prescriptions for other illnesses (including diabetes and thyroid disease), he has decided to go the natural route, using diet, exercise, and supplements to heal. He did agree to take a baby aspirin every day on his doctor's advice.

In addition, he recently jointed a health club, and the doctor is pleased with that decision but advised him not to push himself too hard.

Along with various heart supplements, he is also using a wonderful supplement called Vitalzym, which is excellent at cleaning the arteries of plaque.

I have seen a dramatic improvement in Alex since the heart attack. Before the heart attack, he was listless, lethargic, and tired all the the time. He lived a sedentary lifestyle and was finding it difficult to exercise outside in the heat of the summer. After the heart attack, God led Alex to a very affordable health club right in our neighborhood, and I think the regular exercise has increased his energy level. He is even in better spirits than he was before the heart attack. In fact, he almost seems like whole new person!

I have also been making a conscious effort to cook more heart-healthy meals. We have a lot of soup now (we love Progresso, and Alex is especially fond of their Minestrone), and I make more vegetarian meals with little or no dairy.

God is so good for creating such healthy ways for the body to heal! To Him be the glory!