Stacey Blubaugh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • I am a Church Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • World Lighthouse Worship Center

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:09 AM

Ecclesiastes 9:11 “I again saw under the sun that the race is not to the swift and the battle is not to the warriors, and neither is bread to the wise nor wealth to the discerning nor favor to men of ability; for time and chance overtake them all.”

It doesn’t matter how fast you are, how strong, smart, intuitive, or well able; nor will it make a difference how many victories, triumphs, trophies, successes, or even compliments we receive, we all face time or better said, eternity. And an eternity without Jesus, regardless of how “well” we consider that we did in life, is going to be hell. What is any of it worthy otherwise? All of those things will pas away if the don’t come as a result of knowing and loving Him and living to serve Him.

I think it’s sad to hear a testimony of someone who has lived through cancer, believing that their determination and medicine sustained them. This is detrimental thinking and it leads to a falsely security that if we can just defeat an illness, we have somehow defeated death. We can’t evade it! There is a exit sign in all of our futures, over a door that opens only to eternity. It’s appointed to us all.

But here’s the thing. Not only are we reminded that time overtakes us but there’s this thing called chance. When I read that word, immediately I want to assume that it means situational, circumstance or happenstance. But not so. When you study this out in the Hebrew, the root work is paga, to make intercession and it overtakes us! That is extremely good news!

The opportunity to pray about the race and declare who wins; to pray about the battle and prophecy the victory; to pray and with our words, create our sustenance; to pray for wealth and determine what we have and what we won’t; and to pray for favor, claiming what’s rightfully ours through the blood of Jesus…it’s afforded to all of us! No one person has an advantage over another. Not in God’s kingdom! Swift or slow, strong or weak, smart or unlearned, discerning or simple, favored or disregarded…all of us have the same opportunity if we will just pray.