Christ Our Savior

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:21 AM

The intro under our beliefs pages states: "Jesus’ death on a cross was the fulfillment of Old Testament law, which required blood atonement for sin. By His death and resurrection, we are redeemed from eternal separation from God, justified, made righteous, and accepted in His Name."

I can think of multiple ways that Jesus is and continues to be my Savior. Not the least of which is saving me from my own selfish and sin-filled existence! His lavish love and grace compels me to love and serve Him. So what say you, community? How have you experienced Jesus saving grace in your life?

#2 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:35 PM

The intro under our beliefs pages states: "Jesus’ death on a cross was the fulfillment of Old Testament law, which required blood atonement for sin. By His death and resurrection, we are redeemed from eternal separation from God, justified, made righteous, and accepted in His Name."

I can think of multiple ways that Jesus is and continues to be my Savior. Not the least of which is saving me from my own selfish and sin-filled existence! His lavish love and grace compels me to love and serve Him. So what say you, community? How have you experienced Jesus saving grace in your life?

Indeed. My Lord took me back after 3 decades away from him.

He seemed so alien to me 15 years ago. For some reason, after living 30 years without my Lord, I wanted to search just to see if there really was a God, I had gone so far away from Him. I had lost my faith.

I began to read my husbands old book on comparative religions. I had gotten well into the Hindu gods and goddesses when a thought came to me: Why not just go to the Bible and just read the red. Read just the words of Jesus, just to see if there is any ring of truth in them.

So I began in Matthew. When I got through the Gospels I continued reading the Acts and on into Romans. I became greedy to learn what the Bible has to say. I read with very little comprehension, picking up the most overt truths. I noticed that the Gospels said some things a little differently on a few issues. That bothered me. I finished Revelation and began Genesis thinking: Oh great, now I have to read all those begets and begats. :wacko:

But as I read Genesis, I noticed the people in each generation named their babies the common names of the day! I recognized that in our culture too. I thought about that and believed I had happened upon a truth. The people in the OT were very much like me. They weren't any closer to God than I. They were just like me! That was new for I used to think God was closer to these people. He actually appeared to them, talked with them, sometimes from a burning bush. I began a Bible diary. And I started to pray before and after I read the Bible. In no time I was spending hours each day with God. He was answering my prayers, people were healed that I prayed for, answers came in my own life. I see this time as my turning to find him and he grabbed me and just yanked me back to his heart. Praise his holy and precious Name! I can't thank him enough for his love and for taking me back.

I love him. And he has led me into service even at my older age. Isn't he just so wonderful!

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!

#3 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

I began to read my husbands old book on comparative religions. I had gotten well into the Hindu gods and goddesses when a thought came to me: Why not just go to the Bible and just read the red. Read just the words of Jesus, just to see if there is any ring of truth in them.

Read the Red! Man I love that. Sometimes I stall in daily devotional type reading, and I can't help but think the best way to experience Christ Our Savior is reading the words he said and meditating on them!

But as I read Genesis, I noticed the people in each generation named their babies the common names of the day! I recognized that in our culture too. I thought about that and believed I had happened upon a truth. The people in the OT were very much like me. They weren't any closer to God than I. They were just like me! That was new for I used to think God was closer to these people. He actually appeared to them, talked with them, sometimes from a burning bush. I began a Bible diary. And I started to pray before and after I read the Bible. In no time I was spending hours each day with God. He was answering my prayers, people were healed that I prayed for, answers came in my own life. I see this time as my turning to find him and he grabbed me and just yanked me back to his heart. Praise his holy and precious Name! I can't thank him enough for his love and for taking me back.

I love him. And he has led me into service even at my older age. Isn't he just so wonderful!

What a great insight! It is comforting to realize that we are like people throughout the ages, and God deals with us as he has them. It's great to see how God has shown himself as savior in your life. Thanks so much for sharing that!