Please take a moment to review the list below. If you have any questions, please contact one of the administrators.
Limit of liability.
- The C&MA is not responsible for any messages or responses posted within the forums. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any post and are not responsible for the content of any message or response.
- The messages or posts within the forums represent the views of the author and responders and do not necessarily represent the views of The Christian and Missionary Alliance. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately via email.
- We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will do so within a reasonable time frame if we determine that removal is necessary.
Respect copyrights and trademarks.
- For your protection and for the protection of the C&MA, do not post any material that is copyrighted or trademarked, including the C&MA logo or similar identities, unless you are the copyright owner, you have written permission from the copyright owner, or you are certain that the use of the material is permitted by the legal doctrine of "fair use."
- All information presented within the MyCMA section of www.cmalliance.org is proprietary and may not be duplicated or distributed without permission. Violation of this will result in immediate termination of your membership in MyCMA.
- These forums are not designed to be a marketplace. You may, however, promote your own resources (books, curriculum, products, etc.) in the context of a relevant topic. If you have a concern or question related to product promotion within the forums contact the administrators.
Write as Yourself.
- Please use your real name when you post to a discussion or blog. We do not want people writing anonymously or under a pseudonym. This adds credibility with your readers and promotes accountability within The Alliance.
- Avoid attacking other individuals or organizations. You are welcome to disagree with others, but please do so in a respectful way just as you would want someone to speak about you. If in doubt, we suggest that you take a day or two to think about your comments and submit your entry to the Web Office before you post it.
Own your content.
- Your entries belong to you. They represent your thoughts and opinions. For that reason, the following disclaimer will be automatically placed on every site: "The posts on this blog are provided 'as is' with no warranties and confer no rights. The opinions expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the C&MA."
Write often and on relevant issues.
- You have a unique perspective on a variety of issues related to your ministry/work. People want to hear about that perspective, and in order to develop a consistent readership you should try to write on a regular basis. For some people, this will be daily; for others, it may be weekly. The important thing is consistent posting. New content keeps readers coming back.
Obey the Law.
- This goes without saying, but by way of reminder, do not post any material that is obscene, defamatory, profane, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, or violates the privacy rights of another. Also, do not post material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or information.
For National Office Workers.
- National Office employees are encouraged to create and regularly update their MyCMA discussions. You may write on company time, provided it does not become excessive (determined by immediate supervisor) and does not interfere with your job assignments and responsibilities. You should not disclose sensitive, proprietary, confidential, or financial information about the C&MA beyond what is publicly available elsewhere. If in doubt, check with the Web Office or the office that manages the information you desire to share. Your activities need to abide by the rules set forth in the C&MA's Employee Handbook. Lack of adherence to the above guidelines also could result in discipline and possible dismissal.
Updates to The Rules.
- You agree to adhere to these and periodic updates. These updates will appear on the MyCMA discussions (forums?) page under "Guidelines" as well as in the forum named "System Questions/Updates." It is your responsibility to be familiar with these rules and guidelines.