Who Moved My Cheese?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:48 PM

Welcome to the first major MyCMA upgrade since 2007. You will notice several key enhancements to your MyCMA experience:

A New Sign-in process:
Instead of entering a user name, you will enter your email address (the same email address used to set up your initial MyCMA account). Passwords will remain the same.

Quick Start Features:
--A bigger and better conversation--The Community tab: We are opening the MyCMA experience to a broader audience while maintaining the members-only experience you have grown accustomed to.
-- Easier use of website and access to CMS and other key applications through cleaner design and iconography.
--Newly added topics within the discussion forums will enable you to interact on a wider range of issues, including prayer needs, the deeper life, and C&MA DNA. Additionally, these topics will appear on the About Us, Devotions, and Prayer pages with invitations to view the recent topics, add a topic, or respond to something you see there.
--The new interface will enable you to quickly access and download a wide variety of Alliance publications within the publications page of the main site.
--Access to Archival Resources: The wealth of more than 125 years of Alliance history will again be freely available through the Alliance Magazine archives once you have signed-in. In the near future we will be releasing the Annual Report archives as well.

Your New MyCMA Home Page:
Your MyCMA home page has changed. The short story is that all three Alliance Internet experiences (your MyCMA account, your eCommunity account, and the general access to www.cmalliance.org) have been combined. With a single sign-in you have everything you need to interact with each other and the national office on one screen. Gone is the eCommunity link, the publication links to the right, and the general site navigation on the left that included a "devotions" link, "locate a church" link and "locate a missionary" link. These are integrated into the new MyCMA page layout.

Community (formerly eCommunity)
The Community tab is the first tab you see when you sign-in. The real beauty of this page is how it immediately delivers a community experience through recently added topics, a featured blog, and "Hot topics" that are receiving the most traffic. Just above in the navigation is the link (named forums) to get to ALL the discussions, or you can follow a hyperlink on the community page to get to that specific discussion. Why did we do it this way? When you see what people are saying, you'll likely want to comment or post back. Community happens.

Additionally, you will notice a new feature on several pages within www.cmalliance.org. We thought that it would be beneficial to those visiting the site to see what people are talking about without necessarily going to the discussions. That is why we have added a recently added topics list to the about us page, the devotions page, the Tozer devotions page, and the prayer page. Each of these "modules" invites visitors to get a broader glimpse of the discussions happening in the community. Again, we get the opportunity to connect to people that are simply curious about The Alliance and hopefully, through our discussions, invite them to discover Jesus in our lives.

Publications
All the MyCMA+ publications you need are centrally located in the most logical location we could think of--the resources section on the main website. Simply click the resources link in the top navigation, then publications to find the item you seek. If you are not signed-in, you will be prompted to sign-in before you can download it. It's just that easy.

Locate a missionary, Locate a church, and Devotions
Have been cleared from your MyCMA page and are located at the bottom of the page reflecting the navigation on all www.cmalliance.org pages making your MyCMA page less cluttered.

Your Role:
In the previous model, roles were basically what you viewed when you signed-in to MyCMA. Church accounts and District accounts were shared by many individuals instead of a single individual, and if your were an IM worker, Candidate, or Appointee, all the links you needed were on that page. Now, you will see a tab on the right identifying the role that applies to you. Click your role for the information you need. Our plan is to specialize the information presented on that page based on what that role requires as well as have announcements, etc. related to that role.

In the future, we will be adding roles such as treasurer and missions leader to name a few. Meaning, if you hold multiple roles, each will appear on your MyCMA page at the right, giving you the opportunity to find the materials and news specific to that role with just the click of a tab. (Please note: the tab feature will function with IE 8, Firefox and Safari only. To fully experience the function of the MyCMA site, please upgrade to one of those browsers.)

Missionary/International Worker
As an Missionary or International Worker, click on the tab called "IM Worker" to access a newly renovated page containing various groupings of forms and links. The "update" allows you to make changes to your locator and profile pages. We have also organized the forms in logical groupings, such as Travel, Medical, HAMS, and General (for your worker questionnaire and tax forms) and made the majority of them online forms. This means you will no longer need to download a PDF, save it and submit it, but will be able to fill in and submit the forms online and on YOUR schedule. (Please note that some of the documents are still PDFs)

Appointee
As an appointee, click to download the appointee's binder, IM Handbook, and Finance Handbook for missionaries. There will also be the necessary forms organized by Travel, Medical, and MK forms. We will likely be adding functions to this page so keep checking back for improvements!

Candidate
As a candidate, you will have your customary forms and links, be able to schedule a phone call or link to the connected candidates pages. This will enable you to also have a discussion forum to share your thoughts.

Deleting Church Accounts
With the availability of many of the items previously found on the church account page now in different locations, the need for an individual church account no longer exists. The lone exception is the Profile Page for an International worker or missionary.
If your church is having a Missions Conference, you will need to follow a new link that will be supplied via email to all Alliance churches. This link will enable you to access the Missionary Profile tool so you can learn more about the missionary or international worker coming to your church for Missions Conference. Additionally, if you require any information related to holding a missions conference or need conference materials, contact Ruthie Hankins at hankinsr@cmalliance.org.

eCommunity Forums:
You will not lose the existing discussions in eCommunity. The current posts will move forward to either the appropriate forum topic or forum archives. Please don't hesitate to contact the webmaster at webmaster@cmalliance.org if you have any questions or concerns about moving the existing posts forward into the new MyCMA.

The End? Or just the beginning?
And that is a synopsis. We feel these changes are going to make it easier for you to connect with each other and the national office as well as open the doors for greater connection to the world at large. We welcome your thoughts and feedback by simply commenting on this topic, or if you like email me at webmaster@cmalliance.org.

#2 Bernie Anderson

Bernie Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

Marv ... at first glance .... it all looks fantastic! Hope we get more people actively participating. Kudos to the Web Team!

Bernie
Meet my family at
remembermongolia.org
Meet my team at
camamongolia.org

"No man shall ever behold the glory of Christ by sight hereafter,
who doth not in some measure behold it by faith here in this world."
- John Owen

#3 Bernie Anderson

Bernie Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:52 PM

One thing I am not seeing: The IM Worker tab on the right of which you speak. Is this something that is not up yet, or am I missing something somewhere?

Again .... great work! Much more intuitive interface (other than the IM worker thing ... if it's there!)

Bernie
Meet my family at
remembermongolia.org
Meet my team at
camamongolia.org

- John Owen

#4 Jason Linscombe

Jason Linscombe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend an Alliance church
  • ClayHouse Alliance Church

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

It's on the www.cmalliance.org/mycma page... I'll check it in the morning for ya
"The key to prayer is simply praying." -AW Tozer

#5 Bernie Anderson

Bernie Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

Yeah ... I definitely don't see any tabs at that location except one which says "community" ... but don't fret about it, unless this is a global issue versus an isolated one.
Meet my family at
remembermongolia.org
Meet my team at
camamongolia.org

- John Owen

#6 Jason Linscombe

Jason Linscombe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:56 AM

i just totally realized the imworker tab problem is a programming error on my part. oops! i'll get all you patient workers setup today hopefully.

#7 Jason Linscombe

Jason Linscombe

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:49 PM

ok, i found the problem and believe it is fixed now. workers/missionaries should be able to see the imworker tab on www.cmalliance.org/mycma now. holla if you don't.

#8 Bernie Anderson

Bernie Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:20 AM

Lookin' good!

Thanks, Jason!
Meet my family at
remembermongolia.org
Meet my team at
camamongolia.org

- John Owen

#9 Chris Baker

Chris Baker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

• Front Range Alliance Church

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:44 PM

Checking something...

#10 Phil

Phil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Holy Bible, Hiking, Photography
  • I am a Layperson

• Northgate Community Church

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

The more the merrier! That includes website content, message board participants and actual cheese.