God Allows Deception!
Does God allow deception and evil
in order to fulfill His purposes?
The Answer is YES!
The real question concerns your heart (“the thoughts or feelings (mind)”) .
Are you willing, because of the things of this world and selfishness to be deceived?
Do you want to believe that you can have the best of both worlds, this world and the Kingdom of Heaven? The Bible says that you can not! You can not really trust and serve God while you trust and depend on this world, its wisdom, its answers, its provisions, etc.
You can not serve two Masters!
Judas thought that he could and to his horror he found out, too late, that he could not. His love for Jesus was shallow where his love for money ran deep.
There was one time in the Old Testament a lying spirit volunteered to carry a false message, and deception, to the king’s prophet.
In the New Testament Judas was chosen as a disciple, yet he listened to a spirit of greed and was deceived. He really reminds me of the type of people who call themselves Christians in this generation. They are doing a lot of good things, but their hearts (“the thoughts or feelings (mind)”) are far from the Kingdom of God and doing the will of God. They are bound by the things of this world.
All the writers of the New Testament mention at some point or other, warning about false prophets, false apostles, false teachers etc. Deception has been a common part of the history of this world since Eve was deceived in the Garden of Eden. The tactics of Satan have not really changed as He wants us to question and disobey God and His way of doing things right.
The ultimate deception will be in the end times with “the anti-Christ” and the “beast”.
The spirit of anti-Christ was in full operation, 2000 years ago, as the apostles wrote warnings in what we read as the New Testament. The spirit of anti-Christ has been at work for 2000 years, making way for a smooth and popular acceptance of “the” Anti-Christ and his ‘beast’.
As I was spending time in the Word today, I was searching for modern translations that are not ashamed of printing the truth. The focus this morning was 2 Peter Chapters 1 and 2 because of the devotional at <http://www.youdevoti...alk/september/6>.
I believe that the Holy Spirit lead me to the following sites, which I felt I was to share.
The writers, of these sites, confirmed to me, what the Holy Spirit has been showing me for several years; since I stopped feeding on the world’s diet, at the feet of the television and internet, and started to delight in hours spent with the Holy Spirit, teaching me the Truths of the Scriptures (In spite of all the errors and deceptions of man.).
Please know, as you read, that God has given us the power of choice (including, through Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection, the power to say no to all sin). As with the lives of the jelly fish and the salmon, what is of value is only obtained by going up stream. The parable of the three servants says that we are all different, with different abilities, but we will all be judged by what we do with what we are given.
Anyone in our day and age can find Truth if they will only forsake all the worldly pleasures in order to sit at the feet of the Holy Spirit and let Him replace man’s doctrines and teach you His “Truth”.
Deception in the Priorities of Life
The following article was written in 2008, 10 years ago.
Oh how technology is flying. I can now see a ‘cashless society’ where one cannot buy or sell without the mark of the beast.
People are willingly giving up their freedoms so fast that it makes my head spin, as they subscribe to the new media explosion of cell phones, Windows 10 and the Google invasion into the operations of each individual mind, they are analyzing the psychology of their likes and dislikes, etc.
People are welcoming the ‘online’ shop or ‘order from home’ mentality. What will they do when there is no other way to shop? When they are required to submit to the “beast’s registration” in order to have the privilege to shop or sell? Will they even notice?
There is a lot of history in the full article below. I have just given the highlights.
Seven Prophecies That Must Be Fulfilled Before Jesus Christ's Return
Previous generations have thought that Jesus Christ would return in their lifetimes, but they were proven wrong. Many people alive today think that Christ's return is imminent. Certainly, the Bible contains prophecies that could not have been fulfilled until this generation.
Jesus said that when these signs became evident, His return would occur within one generation.
Shortly before His crucifixion and resurrection, Jesus Christ delivered a major prophecy of end-time events, recorded in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21. He was asked by His disciples: “When will these things be? And what will be the sign of your coming, and of the end of the age?” (Matthew 24:3).
Jesus responded with a description of conditions and events that would lead up to His second coming. Moreover, He said that when these signs became evident, His return would occur within one generation (Matthew 24:34). Could this be that generation?
Throughout the nearly 2,000 years since Christ gave His prophecy, many have thought that theirs was the time of His return—and turned out to be wrong, of course. But interestingly, there are a number of prophecies in the Bible that could not be fulfilled until our modern era, the post–World War II period.
1. The human race would have the ability to exterminate itself
In Matthew 24:22, describing world conditions prior to His second coming, Jesus said that “if that time of troubles were not cut short, no living thing could survive; but for the sake of God’s chosen it will be cut short” (Revised English Bible).
The main message that Jesus Christ brought was of the coming Kingdom of God. ……..
…….The good news in all this is that Christians have an assurance that Jesus Christ will intervene to save mankind from annihilation. This prophecy could not be fulfilled until man had the potential for self-extinction through weapons of mass destruction. Again, only in the last 50 years has this become possible.
2. A Jewish homeland had to be reestablished in the Middle East
Geopolitically, the central focus of end-time events is Jerusalem and its environs, what many people refer to as the Holy Land……..
……It was to be another 30 years before the dream was realized in 1948. Yet since then tiny Israel has had to fight wars for survival in 1948, 1967 and 1973 and has suffered countless terrorist attacks and threats of annihilation from hostile neighbors determined to eliminate the Jewish state.
Once again, here is a prophecy that can now be fulfilled in our time.
3. The end-time king of the North and king of the South
In Daniel 11 we find an amazing prophecy about two leaders, the kings of the North and South, the heads of regions that were geographically north and south of the Holy Land. To understand this prophecy we have to go to the time of Alexander the Great, who lived near the end of the fourth century B.C., 200 years after Daniel………
………We now see geopolitical conditions lining up for this inevitable clash. Here is yet another prophesied circumstance for which the stage has now been set within our lifetime!
4. An end-time union of European nations
In Daniel 2 and 7 we see prophecies about four great gentile empires that would arise in the period between the time of Daniel and the coming establishment of the Kingdom of God (Daniel 2:44). Daniel was himself living in the first of these great empires (Daniel 7:4) as a Jewish exile in ancient Babylon……..
……..However, it wasn’t until the 10th nation, Greece, was admitted in 1981 that any conceivable fulfillment of this prophecy was even possible.
5. End-time rise and fall of Israel and Judah
” Israel” was the new name God gave the biblical patriarch Jacob in Genesis 32. The 12 tribes of Israel were descended from his 12 sons. These tribes later formed a united kingdom.
It’s been almost 3,000 years since the kingdom of Israel was split in two. …….
……..This prophecy could not have been fulfilled until after the rise of Britain and the United States as world powers in the 19th century and the formation of the Jewish state of Israel in the 20th.
Lest the idea seem outlandish, consider that Israel and the United States are perhaps the most maligned and criticized nations on earth. Among Muslim hard-liners, America is commonly called “the great Satan” and Israel and Britain “the little Satans.”
6. The gospel will be preached in all the world
In His major end-time prophecy, Jesus answers the question posed by the disciples: “When will these things be? And what will be the sign of your coming, and of the end of the age?” (Matthew 24:3).
After listing a number of signs of the nearness of His coming, He reveals that “this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come” (Matthew 24:14)………
…….But the Internet is changing everything. It is much harder for governments to control. The gospel message of the coming Kingdom of God is still going out to the world. It will finish when God has decided that His work is completed and the time is right for the final end-time events to take place.
This is yet another prophecy that could not be fulfilled until recent times.
7. Instant worldwide communications and God’s final witnesses
Another end-time Bible prophecy could not be fulfilled until this era of instant worldwide communications……..
Note that people the world over will be able to see their dead bodies during the 3 1⁄2 days that they lie on display in Jerusalem. This was not possible before satellite television, portable communications devices and the Internet. Again, only in the last few years has it become possible for this prophecy to be fulfilled . It still lies in the future, of course, but only now it is clearly possible for this to take place.
Will this generation see God’s Kingdom established on earth?We have seen how seven biblically prophesied circumstances could not have come to pass until recent times. In fact, the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948 was clearly a major turning point in the fulfillment of Bible prophecy, as was the acquisition of the hydrogen bomb by the two superpowers of the 1950s that led to the period of mutually assured destruction.
All has now become possible. This, in turn, makes it much more likely that our generation will live to see Jesus Christ return and establish the Kingdom of God on earth. After all, Jesus Himself said that once these things begin, the generation alive at that time “will by no means pass away till all these things take place” (Matthew 24:34).
It’s both sobering and encouraging to think that we appear to be living in the generation that will ultimately witness the most important event in the history of mankind. As Jesus Christ tells His followers in Luke 21:28, “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”
Deception in the Bible
….The Extent of the Problem
It would be best to take matters starting from the worst problems,
- Most of the places where 'pistis' has been rendered “faith” or “belief” instead of ”faithfulness,” “loyalty,” or “fidelity.” This corruption covers an enormous number of texts, and by it the corrupt Church has succeeded in changing the criteria of salvation, namely they make it depend only on belief or trust, and eliminate repentance from the picture. Repentence is renewed faithfulness to Messiah, shown by loyalty to his Law.
- Most of the places where 'pisteuo' has been rendered with some form of the verb “believe.” Believing certain facts about Messiah or the truth falls short of what the orginal language includes. The verb, and also its Hebrew equivalent, means 'to confirm faithfulness to' or 'loyalty to' Messiah. Often the preposition 'to' is added by John to make this clear to a first century Greek speaker. Again, loyaly is shown by listening to his word in both belief and in behaviour. The faithful obey his laws. This category also involves an enormous number of key passages.
- A large number of places where 'dikaioo' has been translated by some form of the word “justified.” Justified in English now means acquitted or absolved, declared innocent or righteous. It did not, in fact, always mean just this in English, Latin or Greek. It meant “to administer justice” to someone, which included one of three things a judge would do in a case, 1. acquit, 2. pardon, 3. condemn. So “justify” was used at one point in English to mean to punish or condemn the guilty. The word could refer to any outcome of a trial by which a judge would decide justice to be done. The corrupt Church is always driving in the direction of acquittal of sin rather than admission of guit and a pardon of sin.
- A significant number of places where the noun 'dikaiousune' has been translated “righteousness” instead of “justice.” If anyone reads a Romance language translation like Spanish, Latin, Italian, or French, then one will see at once that the same word means “righteousness” and “justice.” The same twofold meaning occurs in Greek also. The problem is that the English word “righteousness” does not readily evoke the meaning “justice.” The corrupt Church wishes to impute (reckon) righteousness to the believers account (in an attempt to achieve acquittal) rather than “justice.” It is punitive justice that is satisfied by Messiah’s death for the faithful, and not that their case is discharged with a declaration of righteousness (cf. Exodus 23:7; Deut. 25:1).
- A significant number of places where the word 'nomos' has been translated 'law.' The Greek word, in fact, means “what is customary.” So for example, “you are not under what is customary, but under grace.” Condemnation would be what is customary. A pardon would be what is not customary. These mistranslations corrupt the plain meaning of the good news.
- Places where the above words occur all in one verse, or are concentrated in a passage, such as (a) Rom. 10:4, “Messiah is the end of what is customary for justice to everyone confirming their faithfulness.” There are quite a few passages like this.
- Places where the English translations misdirect the reader to think of their own faith rather than Messiah’s faithfulness. These passages are where the translations put “faith in Jesus,” and the Greek properly translates “faithfulness of Yeshua” (or Messiah) as the case may be. These are matters of Grammar, and are noted in Daniel Wallace’s Greek Grammar.
- All places were the word 'sabbatwn' is translated 'week' instead of Sabbaths. There are 8 passages where this corruption occurs, “first day of the week,” instead of “first of the Sabbaths.” The purpose of the mistranslation is to cut the tie to Lev. 23:15 where seven Sabbaths are counted after Passover, and to change the resurrection day to Sunday.
- There are numerous places where the translations have been tweaked or corrupted, which cannot all be listed here. Many of the corruptions are unique to just one verse or phrase, such as Colossians 2:16. There are simply too many of these to list, and it would weary the reader.
Are you a Judas or a Peter?
Please wake up and repent, do not destroy yourself! Be transformed and get rid of any conformity to the world
which the Spirit of God reveals to you and convicts you to deal with!
Turn to God with ALL your heart, mind, soul, strength!
If you love Him you WILL keep His commandments!!
As it was with Jesus, may doing the will of the Father
become your passion, your life!