God's Word speaks today
It's amazing how God can use one story from Scripture to speak different truths to different people! We recently held online orality trainings for many C&MA IWs in different regions around the world. One of the stories we used in the training was Jesus calming the storm (from Mark 4:35-41). As we discussed the story with the training participants, so many different aspects of the story touched people individually. As participants shared this story with friends and family as "homework" before the next training session, they began to be amazed at what stood out to people from the story. Here are just a few of the truths we drew out just from this short story:
- Jesus has power over nature
- Jesus was not troubled by the storm, but was at peace enough that he was sleeping!
- Jesus acts, even when we come with meager faith
- Displays of God's power can lead us to fear and awe at the same time
- When we are panicking, we can go to Jesus
- If we have trouble sleeping, we can remember that Jesus is in control
- Our faith grows as we experience God's power in our lives
Through the illumination of the Holy Spirit, God speaks to us today in the situations in which we are living! The Word of God is living and active in our midst, we just need to present it in ways in which people can digest the rich truths in the Scriptures!