#1 Disciple

Disciple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:40 PM

So often I learn through prayerful listening to God's questions as we look at His Word together. In prayer today I was blessed with one of those times. We began with:

"My beloved, now are we the sons of God; and up to now it has not appeared what we are to be: but we know that when He will appear, we will be in His likeness and we will see Him as He is."  - 1 John 3:2

Some of God's questions:  Wherever I find myself with Him at any given time, am I at peace with the incontrovertible truth of His promise to me that while the appearing of what I will be is yet future, when Messiah Jesus comes I will be in His likeness? Do I abide in hope that, while I may not have a clue, His knowing what He is doing in my life and with my life moment-by-moment is sufficient for me to trust Him?

Then together we looked at His promise to me from 2 Corinthians 4:16, "but even if our outward man is perishing, the inward man is being renewed day by day."

One of God's questions:  If ever my vision (spiritual) is dimmed by life circumstances in diverse seasons, will this promise of His be enough for me to hold onto, even if only by what may seem to me to be the slender nerve of my assurance of what I hope for and the conviction of what I cannot see?

Yahweh reminded me that He inspired the psalmist, Asaph, to declare in Psalm 73:26 the glorious truth that He was his rock and portion forever, no matter what. 

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." - emphasis mine

One of the things I learned today from God by these Scriptures and His questions:  He is asking me to walk with Him in our Covenant relationship together as one maturing in the faith He has given me and in trust. Another thing I learned is how extremely important His use of that 3-letter word 'but' is in calling attention to what He places before and after it. And today my attention was on three right-on-time, powerful truths from Him:

• "but we know that when He will appear, we will be in His likeness and we will see Him as He is."
  • "but even if our outward man is perishing, the inward man is being renewed day by day."
  • "but God is the stay of my mind, my portion forever."

A couple last things I will share of what I learned (actually what I was reminded of) today from God is that the absolute truth about Who He is, Who His Son is, and who He says I am and will be in His coming Kingdom cannot and will not be usurped by any unbelief, distrust, or disobedience on my part or from the lies and temptations from the adversary. The weave of the fabric of the Covenant relationship between God and His set-apart people is strong when the flesh is weak. 

• amycma likes this