Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

Please if you will pray for guidance for my husband and I, that we will find a church home(or remain at the one we are at),to go or stay as he leads, thank you

• RuthAnn Nicholls likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:32 PM

I will pray for you.

I believe, though, that God's will is simple. It is obedience.

• elizabethcog and Tkulp like this

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!

#3 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Studying the Word as the Spirit directs.
    Sharing what I learn about the Truth of the Word of God.
    Aquaponics / rooting plant starts / Living on God's provisions
    Learning about wild edibles, Herbs and God's natural provisions for life, both physical and spiritual.
    Raising cattle
  • I am a Layperson

• Coop Prairie

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:02 AM

The concept of obedience, to those under an authority, is rather straight forward and simply (if the flesh is dead)... do what you are told, obedience.

Paul gives God’s way to know His will in Romans 12:1 "I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship."
Romans 12:2  "Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]."

This is not so easy, if there is any flesh in control. I have heard it said that a living death is most difficult, because the sacrifice keeps crawling off the altar!

Key issues... Living sacrifice, holiness, pleasing to God, not conformed to the world, and metamorphosis. The question is... How bad do we really want to know the complete will of God? ...or do we just want to feel good about our decisions.

George Müller (an excellent example of a man in touch with God) gave, at the top of his list, to know the will of God, that he would take himself completely out of the matter. That translates to me, total death to the senses and emotions, especially regard that which you are seeking to know the will of God, in regard to.

I pray that God will give your husband all that it takes to know His complete will, regarding the location of service or training. Also, that you will have all that it takes to follow and support him in that decision. 1 Corinthians 7:34 "...the married woman has her cares [centered] in earthly affairs--how she may please her husband."

• elizabethcog and Jesus_Lolly like this

#4 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:10 PM

Psalm 103 speaks, we are to bless the Lord!!! He knows what we are made of as He knit us together in our mother's wombs....to ponder His love and care for us leads my heart to just overflow with love and care, that is the whole idea I guess, His plan that His love will just abound and spill and splash all over others around us so they might inquire where this comes from and then we can tell them all about our Jesus!! Thank you and bless you Lord!!!

• Jesus_Lolly likes this

#5 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:32 PM

in 1Thes (not sure but I will look up) Rejoice, pray without ceasing, and be thankful this is God's will for your life!!! I have to check for His exact word, but this was the message last week at our church gathering, so thank you for praying friends....He answered quite clearly! Thank you Jesus!!!

• RuthAnn Nicholls likes this