• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:23 AM

How can joy give strength? It can't! Joy can't! However, the joy of the Lord can! Nehemiah 8:10 tells the people to celebrate because : "....the joy of the LORD is your strength." God gives joy to His people! Here are a few ways that God does this: The joy of salvation, forgiveness, cleansing, adoption, etc. The joy of peace with God and the peace of God. The joy of fellowship and daily guidance. The joy of trusting God in all circumstances. The joy of His provision and faithfulness. The joy of serving Him, of having eternal purpose. The joy of answered prayer and looking back to see how wise God was in saying "No!" to some of those prayers. The joy of learning how God makes all things work together for good for His called, loved ones. The wonder of listening to God's voice in every line of His Holy Word. The joy of music, worthy poetry, God's creation. And much more........but I have to stop somewhere. I wonder how many examples you could give. Oswald J. Smith in his hymn, "Joy in Serving Jesus," shows us how joy gives strength: "There is joy in serving Jesus, as I journey on my way, joy that fills the heart with praises, every hour and every day. There is joy in serving Jesus, joy that triumphs over pain; fills my soul with Heaven's music, till I join the glad refrain. There is joy in serving Jesus, as I walk alone with God; 'tis the joy of Christ, my Savior, Who the path of suffering trod. There is joy in serving Jesus, joy amid the darkest night, for I've learned the wondrous secret, and I'm walking in the Light. There is joy, joy, joy in serving Jesus, Joy that throbs within my heart; every moment, every hour, as I draw upon His power, there is joy, joy, joy that never shall depart." It doesn't get any better than that! Selah! This joy may or may not give us physical strength; sometimes it gives us both, but it will give us Spiritual strength as we navigate through our time here on earth, on the way Home! Thinker (Ron)
  • reader, Charles Miles and Meema like this