• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

What happens when we assemble together to worship (commonly called "going to church")? From what I have been able to observe, it seems that many are simply doing what they consider to be the right thing for Christians to do. They may enjoy it, feel good about being involved, find it interesting, like the music, are taken with the pastor or worship leader (not a Scriptural term), etc. They may even be there out of respect for and gratitude to Jesus. But, are we there to bask in His Presence? Are we thrilled to sense Him there with us? Do our hearts "well up" with love for Him? Are we enthralled with the wonder of His Person? Are we profoundly moved by His love and amazing grace? Are we humbled by His willingness to interact with us? Do we hang on His every Word? Do we experience joy in obeying and serving Him? Do we long for others to know Him because He means so much to us? Do we want them to know the wonder of the relationship with which we have been honored? Are we able to worshipfully and meaningfully sing praises to our Savior? Are we able to give with pleasure to help get the Gospel out? In short, do we bask in His Presence? Is He the "Blissful Center" of our adoration? In the hymn, "Why do I sing about Jesus," Albert A. Ketchum gives us thoughts that apply to the whole "worship encounter." He wrote, "Deep in my heart there's a gladness, Jesus has saved me from sin! Praise to His name -- what a Savior! Cleansing without and within. Only a glimpse of His goodness, that was sufficient for me; Only one look at the Savior, then was my spirit set free. He is the fairest of fair ones, He is the Lily, the Rose; Rivers of mercy surround Him, Grace love and pity He shows. Why do I sing about Jesus? Why is He precious to me? He is my Lord and my Savior, Dying! He set me free!" If we are utterly centered on Him, if He is the focus of our redeemed hearts, the  admonition of the Psalmist finds a welcome response in our lives. We are to, "Give unto the LORD the glory due unto His name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness" (Psalm 29:12). Selah! The Lord's Day awaits the overflow of our experience of and with Jesus, day by day! Thinker  (Ron)

#2 Tony Davison

Tony Davison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Retired Electrician by trade full time christian by Gods choice.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:57 AM

Thanks Thinker

I thought I was the only one who thought that the Christian churches have no depth, that they know all the right things to say and do but have no real experience. Not every one seems to come to church ready to worship they come come expecting to be entertained.  

• Kevin Blankenship, Thinker and Meema like this

#3 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:00 AM

Thanks Thinker

I thought I was the only one who thought that the Christian churches have no depth, that they know all the right things to say and do but have no real experience. Not every one seems to come to church ready to worship they come come expecting to be entertained.  

Oh that we would see Him in His glory...even in our minds eye! I love Isaiah 6 where the prophet sees God's throne...almighty and glorious. And the response when basking? Here is a bit of work I did for our church magazine that would be our response when we see Him and recognize our cleansing and position in Jesus...

Attached Files

#4 kevin l.eaton

kevin l.eaton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Evangelism, revival
  • I am a Church Worker

• I attend an Alliance church
  • New Life Fellowship

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:04 AM

I couldn't agree more!! I'm so sick of the spiritual status quo I could scream!! We need an old fashion heaven sent holy ghost revival!!
  • Kevin Blankenship and Thinker like this