Retired Missionary has torn vertebral ligament

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Al Boesenberg

Al Boesenberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:active ham radio operator, avid sports fan, full participant as teacher and student in our Sunday School; pulpit supply in this region as needed
  • I am a Retired Alliance Worker

• I attend an Alliance church
  • First Alliance of Lexington, NC

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

Betty Boesenberg, Ret. CMA Cote d'Ivoire missionary, is hurting with non-operable torn vertibral ligament in her lower back.  Please pray for His healing touch, and a soon return to activities, as well as wisdom and strength for increased responsibilities of husband Al.  Together, we care for son Greg, 48 year old son with autism.

• Andrew/Esther Schaeffer likes this

#2 Jeff Williams

Jeff Williams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • I am a Missionary

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:00 AM

Praying for you now in Cambodia...

#3 Al Boesenberg

Al Boesenberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:active ham radio operator, avid sports fan, full participant as teacher and student in our Sunday School; pulpit supply in this region as needed
  • I am a Retired Alliance Worker

• First Alliance of Lexington, NC

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:13 AM

Thank you Jeff, and blessings on you as you serve in a difficult land.  Betty is improving slowly, and as in all things, it will definitely get better.  Maranatha!

#4 FrankDSmith

FrankDSmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:31 PM

Al - this is Frank Smith and I am now pastoring the CMA church in Gainesville, FL.  My Dad was there after you [he started in 64].  They are turning the old church into part of the museum.  Following is a letter sent to Bob Mansell [member since 69].  Is there anything you might have that would help with this?  My email is fds@reagan.com and phone is 570-713-5930.  Thank you!

Hi!  This is Fletcher Crowe, and you'll recall that you and I worked together on a monograph on the history of the Tabernacle with Nadine Maxwell. I'm on the Board of the Matheson History Museum, and I can tell you deeply appreciative we are for all your help in submitting our proposal for a grant from the State of Florida to restore the building. I have included on this email Dr. Peggy McDonald, the Executive Director of the Museum.

Since you and I last spoke, the Matheson Museum has indeed received a grant of some $300,000 from the State of Florida to restore the Tabernacle; and if you've driven along East University lately you will have noticed that the building contractors are hard at work restoring the property.

The architect for the restoration project, Jay Reeves, is looking for additional photographs of the original structure, both interior shots and exterior photos.  I'd to talk to you about where we are in the restoration process, and see if there is a way we might be able to find any more pictures of the property.

For example, Nadine's descendants might have some family pictures. Or perhaps there might be some pictures of the front elevation taken at a wedding with the bride and groom on the front steps.

I'd like to talk to you about all this.  Can you give me a call on my cell phone at 770-876-0763?

Thanks!

Fletch

Fletcher Crowe, PhD
cell;   770-876-0763