Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

My husband and I survived a terrible car wreck on Saturday. The car that hit my door was going at least 50 mph.In the seconds between me saying we're hit time seemed to stand still, I prayed and asked God to spare us,to spare me as I did not think I would survive the impact. My husband is so sweet and kind and I know he would have blamed himself(the other car ran a red light)even though he was not at fault. As the car hit my door and spun us all around I heard the glass break like an explosion and smelled hot wires and rubber and I prayed and such odd calmness,I even remember watching my sunglasses fly off my head as if in slow motion. My husband kept saying are you all right over and over. I tried to say I am ok but my voice would not let me. He jumped from the wreckage to my door and tried to get me out but could not... I was trapped!Eventually they did cut me out and the fact that all we sustained was a broken rib and one big bruise is pure evidence of God's hand of protection,and I want to share this story for the miracle it is...All God getting ALL the glory and we get to tell it!!! Praise the Lord!!! So sore and bruised and broken yet spared,thank you Jesus!
  • chipped china likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:53 AM

Elizabeth,   I`m so very happy that you and your family are not injured worse than you are.  I tried to answer this post last night but my old computer wouldn`t let me type!  Accidents such as the one you were in tend to show us God`s mercy and presence.  Reading a book by Charles Capps on Angels and what they do for us.  Looks like you had one riding with you Sunday.

Keep safe and be careful,

Charlie

• elizabethcog and Ginger like this

#3 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:17 AM

Elizabeth,

Thanking God for keeping you and your husband and thank you so much for sharing about it.  Being trapped and waiting to be cut out of the vehicle .... and you having a calmness.... thank you again for sharing ... and thanking God for how He kept you and ministered to you too...

.... tears of gratitude to God and thanking Him for keeping you moment by moment through the whole happening and having you to share ... a story that shows God's loving care, a testimony of His being there and keeping you safe........ All to HIs glory.  Thank you God and thank you Elizabeth. 

Gently onwards,

Ginger

• elizabethcog and Charles Miles like this

#4 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:20 AM

Thank GOD for HIS Hand of protection and for tangibly answering your prayer!!! So very glad that you are alright!!!!

• elizabethcog, Charles Miles and Ginger like this

#5 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

Elizabeth, I'm so glad you were spared.  What an ordeal, but what a testimony.  I pray the LORD will continue in His protection, grace and mercy on you and your family.  Thank you for sharing.

• elizabethcog likes this