• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:13 PM

Sometimes in life, it's hard to understand God's timing. But lately, He's been showing my husband and me that His timing is always perfect. After being near death in September and in hospice care, my mother-in-law experienced a miraculous rebound. She quit smoking for good and appeared to be on her way to a full recovery. She was able to go back to church after being bedridden and was even able to do her own laundry.

Then, six weeks after being in better health than I had seen her in years, she deteriorated rapidly. One day in mid-November, she woke up hardly able to breathe. I called a hospice nurse to come, who made her very comfortable but told me privately that Mom was near death and she could go very quickly.

My husband and I and his sister prayed that Mom would at least make it to Thanksgiving, as we were planning a family celebration, and my husband hoped she would live through Christmas. But she died the next morning, five days shy of her 83rd birthday.

Last Friday, just as my husband had finished cleaning out her apartment, we learned that it had been rented to a homeless couple who had been seeking an affordable place for many months. The apartment was ready just in time for them to move in. They were overjoyed at having a home in time for Christmas, and I'm sure Mom is delighted that her apartment is now occupied by a Christian couple who desperately needed it.
  • chipped china likes this

#2 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

redemption…nothing is wasted in God's timeline or economy. Thanks for sharing, Julie.