• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

Eighteen days after my mother-in-law died, my dad joined her and my mom in heaven. Last night I heard he was deteriorating very rapidly, had stopped communicating and was just moaning. Today, my brother (John) called me at around 2 pm to tell me the news. My immediate reaction was relief mingled with sadness, knowing his suffering is over. I am feeling carried by God's grace and the love of His people. Please pray especially for Betty. John said she was too upset to talk to anyone (she had her grandson call everyone). She was obviously not ready for this, given the decisions she was making to prolong his life. I recognized all the signs of being near death after Charlotte's passing but didn't feel I should say anything to Betty because she continued to have so much hope he would rebound and didn't want to give up on him. I also knew that God could heal him at any time despite the symptoms of being terminal. I was able to prepare my brother, though, so I think that was good. I truly believe Dad was ready to be with Jesus and am at peace about that, especially after having been able to see him in May. There is going to be a funeral in Florida and then he will be cremated. Betty will then take his urn to PA so he can be buried with my mom (those were his final wishes). John suggested I come just for the PA service and not go to both. That way, the whole family can be together and Alex and I won't have to fly to two places (my brother is in PA). Please pray for God to make a way for Alex and I to get there without having to deplete all of our savings (we didn't have much, and what we had we were saving toward a new vehicle). Also, we can't leave right away because we have to clean out my mother-in-law's apartment (we have till around the end of December). There's so much going on at once, and it's a little overwhelming. So appreciate everyone's prayers!

#2 Andrew/Esther Schaeffer

Andrew/Esther Schaeffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

Christmas can be a difficult time.  May the God of all comfort be close to you and strengthen you with the great hope that is ours in Christ Jesus.  Praying for you today.

• Julie Daube likes this

#3 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

Thank you, Andrew and Esther. I have truly been experiencing God's comfort throughout this time.

#4 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:02 PM

Julie. I'm sorry for your loss you've been through so much. I've not been on the forum so catching up. Didn't know. Praying you are blessed to know your loved ones are in Gods hands -literally. It sounds like you have the blessing of confident assurance.
  • Julie Daube likes this

#5 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

Thanks so much for your prayers, Candice! It is truly a blessing to know that they are both in heaven. My dad especially left a rich legacy of devoted service to his Savior. After he passed away, my stepmom shared with me about all the lives he impacted.