• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him we cry, 'Abba, Father.'"
Romans 8:15, NIV

The Spirit of sonship which we have received from God is the Spirit by which we cry, “Abba, Father.” Have you ever cried to God like He is your Daddy? Yes, He is El Shaddai. He is Elohim. But in the new covenant He is Daddy! The Holy Spirit put the Aramaic word “Abba” there, which means “Daddy” or “Papa” in English, and didn’t have it translated because He wants us to know that God is not a distant, impersonal being, but a close and intimate Daddy! That is the Spirit of sonship.

My friend, when you pray, learn to say, “Dear Daddy God…” Forget the formalities and traditions of man. Just call Him “Daddy”, and sense His closeness to you. You can bring all your cares, worries and anxieties to Him, knowing that the all-powerful King of the universe is your Daddy!

At the cross, Jesus cried out, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” (Matthew 27:46). For the first time, He addressed His Father as “God.” He experienced distance—in fact, a cutting-off—from the Father because He was carrying all our sins upon Himself. Why? So that you and I can experience closeness and intimacy with the Father, and cry out “Daddy!” from our hearts.

A child who cries “Daddy!” belongs in his daddy’s embrace. So when we cry out, “Daddy God!” we take our place as His beloved children, and find our strong and loving Daddy rushing in to embrace, protect and deliver us!

- From Joseph Prince's daily devotional, "Meditate & Believe Right," 10-30-14
  • Charles Miles and Ginger like this

#2 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:29 AM

I was just listening to a Chuck Smith audio tape this pm EX. 5-6 Chuck had been doing some home bible studies with some Italian people and they were calling God "Poppa" At first he thought they were being sacrilegious, but then figured out that's the Italian name for Father. Then he got into a discussion about how much God desires to be a of part of not only praise or tough things we going though; but every little detail of our lives. I thought what an awesome GOd we have. He is alway there for us waiting patiently to listen to our frail utterances, what other human would be up for that job. And what other human would have the power to get us what we need!!! And if we don't take Him everything thing how will we discover His grace and truth. I think it's the true path to maturity. We certainly can't hid anything from our God, might as well stop pretending, so I'm finding greater intimacy and peace with my Holy Awesome God.

• Ginger likes this